Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

wow i have the money, and dig the RD but it would just be a totally useless addition to my collection, not to mention black with rosewood is kinda meh for me. i think ill pass, but man thats a steal, i just know i would wind up selling it for almost nothing more than i pay for it. hopefully a couple of you guys grab it, seems like a great way to get into gibsons.

• Members

Called m123 to price match the SDOTD Gibson RD and they would match but not beat it. I pointed out their policy that used to have to beat it by 110% and then the current 10% and he put me on hold and then came back saying they can't beat it since it is their sister company which ticked me off as I told him you can't have it both ways. The other day I had a customer service rep on the phone and they couldn't look up my MF order when I called M123. They said they are still "Different" and "Independant" companies under the same umbrella. Now this guy is saying since they are the same company they can't price match themselves. Utter BS!!!

I would have asked if he could go for an extra 10-15% off just for asking but I knew after he put me on hold for 5 minutes he'd come back and say the SDOTD was almost too low for them to match as it was and 10% would be under their cost.... So I didn't bother. Still on the fence on whether or not to buy.

• Members

The "reissue" RD Standard is bereft of any of the original characteristics which differentiated it from any other two ho-hum bucker Gibby. It is a good deal for someone wanting a USA Gibson with a few more features than a Studio w/ a hard case.

I was never a fan of the characteristics that differentiated it from other Gibsons. I love the LP scale length and mahogany body. Those were two reasons why I never picked up a vintage RD.

• Members

Fusion FWIW I found that if I put anything at all in the Music123 "Comments" line I did not get an auto-acknowledgment or subsequent quote. So I quit putting anything in the "comments" line. Every since I get the auto-acknowledgment and a few hours later a quote.

• Members

I got the quote back from M123. They would only price match the RD. I decided against it since I just bought a LP with BB Pros in it a few weeks ago. I wouldn't really gain much other than the weight of the guitar and an offset body. Then I'd have to send the LP back. If it was the amber finish, the LP might be on it's way back already.

• Members

Just want to chime in with a suggestion.. I don't see the RD on Zzounds site but they do have the Studio Les Paul and they actually beat my M123 quote. I tried to pricematch 3 things yesterday @ M123 and was successful. They actually beat the price but on 2 of the items but they charged shipping which was more than the difference in savings making it actually more expensive then buying it from MF. This morning they magically matched the RD price (not beat) but were able to offer free shipping. Zzounds beat the price and offered free shipping right off the bat and there is no tax for me in CA (NJ only).