DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's a graphtech nut mated to a piece of brass with JB Weld. Then it was ground to size. It was an experiment that in reality didn't really result in any added tuning stability. It looks okay though.
:idk:

I just wondered because back in the day I had an Ibanez Artist that came from the factory with half bone, half brass nut. I didn't know anything about guitar tech back then, I just played the damn things. I thought it was neat seeing that one on your guitar and wondered if someone was actually selling these.

Cool invention though!

• Members

Harmony, Silvertone, and all the others from the 60s I'd like to leave out, so that another thread could be started for them. I don't mind seeing them in this thread, especially the ones that have already been posted.

But it would be nice if those guys had a place where they didn't have to skip over the SX and Agiles. I nominate Wedgehead II to start that thread. He's got what it takes.

I'd have to agree. There should be a distinction between modern cheap and vintage cheap. Some of the vintage cheap are in vogue again and are being reissued for big $$$.

Let's keep the modern cheap in here!

• Members
What are these? How much and where can I get some of that?!
:love:

If I'm not mistake, those first two are Cort Trigg guitars, and the last is a Hofner Club 40. The Hofner is a reissue of the guitar John Lennon used back in the early, early days of the Beatles playing in German dives.

This guitar's twin is hanging in a local pawn shop, exact same Arbor model. I was looking at it just yesterday (again) though it's been there for at least six months.

It's not a pawned guitar, they sell new Arbors. Too bad they alway have their new guitars priced WAYYY over what they should be, otherwise I might have bought it by now, but it sure is good looking.

It's a really nice cheapie. I think they come out of the same factory as Turser guitars. Both company names have similar models. I've played some of the Turser teles and I like them but this one stands out above all the ones I've tried. Just feels like an excellent guitar and I like the stock pups. The minihum gives it a nice smooth power suitable for jazz and the bridge is country bright and snappy. I've seen them for under $200 online. Arbor AS340 model.

• Members
Tweedledee's set neck Delia is in the spam thread for $175.

I have to think it's worth the difference in cost. I have not played the bolt on one though.

Mine's for sale too.

They're nice. I just have too many.

$175? I thought this was the cheapie thread! :lol: Yeah, after I convert to CDN bucks and pay for shipping....it's gettin' up there.

• Members
I've been sorely tempted to get one of these (I see them on ebay from time to time).

Tell me more about it.
:love:

Hmm, Switch (who made them) are out of business. They are made of a man-made material called vibracell, which is very stable and the body and neck are molded as one piece. The fretboard is ebonite (yes, like the bowling balls), the neck is an Alnico II, the bridge Alnico V (both can be split with their individual switches). If you FORCED me to only keep ONE of my guitars, it would be this one:

335008.jpg335010.jpg

335007.jpg335013.jpg

plays well, sounds great, and if you can't do it with this, you need to practice more!

Archived