DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dcindc,

How about that Brownsville guitar that you bought from me. That ought to qualify for the cheap guitar club.

CIMG0356.jpg

That's if you haven't sold it already. It's probably buried under your pile of all the other cheap guitars. :cop:

• Members

OK, I've finally got my pics online so I'm hitting up all the threads I've been waiting to post on. Here are a couple of my cheapies:

The $99 Agile Valk:

IMG_1398.jpg

(Notice the handsome bastard in the reflection)

And the old style AL-2500 that I got on some sort of special, definitely less than $250:

IMG_1400.jpg

The stock amber colored knobs just looked really out of place on that boy, so I popped some cream speed knobs on that match the binding/pup rings/etc.

I've also got my own version of the much acclaimed Xaviere XV-620 in the surf green finish, but I don't have any flattering solo pics of it to post.

• Members

Sweet. I like the Valkyries without the asymetric buttocks. $99 for all that? Hallelu... Hallelou..

...Right on!

Yeah, it was after the horns were neutered but prior to the shift in the body. Kurt was blowing them out I believe to stay ahead of the lawsuit fairy.

Although I've heard the new ones with the bump have solved some of the neck-heaviness issue... so guess it's a form v. function thing.

• Members

The end of an era.
:(

Personally I think it's ugly. But it's well built and sounds
good

ok Dave,

P90s.....

ya missed the last of the SX strat copies with P90s. I think some were going for 90 bucks. That's about as good as it will get.

The Epiphone Junior with one P90 is nice but they're not common and usually go for 100 or so.

Anybody else got any suggestions?

Rondo still has the P90 SJMs for $130 or so. Not a bad deal. Or this?

PHew, the Sheenas are finally gone and I made it through without owning one. THAT took willpower.

• Members

PHew, the Sheenas are finally gone and I made it through without owning one. THAT took willpower.

I kept finding myself looking at the site.. even adding one to the cart. But I just couldn't pull the trigger. Nice enough guitar.. just not nice enough to have to knock heads with the matterhorn.... :facepalm:

• Members

Phew, the Sheenas are finally gone and I made it through without owning one. THAT took willpower.

Yeah I managed to dodge that'un too. I even had cash on hand and didn't bite. The P-90 (ish) + HB combo was one not present on any of my current guitars (although I have plenty of HB guitars and P-90 guitars) but I've still got a bout 4 or 5 guitars I haven't completely bonded with because my bands haven't been playing.

I need to get in better touch with what's in the stable before I get any more.

• Members

Hey cheapskates, this thread seems like a good place to pose this question:

I'm lusting after a new strat and have a $100 Sam Ash gift card gathering dust. After I got really excited from the President's Day coupon only to see it's only useful to but $200 worth of accessories I decided it was time to cash in anyway.

So -

Squier Standard or CV Strat? I had a Bullet I liked a lot and passed on to a cousin, but I'm feeling hoity-toity and want an upscale Squier. /dons monocle

Archived