DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Members

...latest 'cheep git' from da inlaidartist ...though not electric...is impressive nevertheless..

top/back/sides = koa
neck = mahogany
headstock veneer = zebrawood

total 384 aud to my door...3-4 days shipping! :eek:

extraordinary ...simply ...headshakingly extraordinary :D

whole.jpg
head.jpg
front.jpg
back.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
...latest 'cheep git' from da inlaidartist ...though not electric...is impressive nevertheless..

top/back/sides = koa

neck = mahogany

headstock veneer = zebrawood

total 384 aud to my door...3-4 days shipping!
:eek:

extraordinary ...simply ...headshakingly extraordinary
:D

That's a beaut!:love:
How's it sound?

• Members
That's a beaut!
:love:
How's it sound?

thank you all

she projects less volume than trad spruce top but is much sweeter in sound

it loves new strings and i reckon it be great in duo with a jumbo spruce top or similar...it brings the treble acoustically! :D

• Members

Over 30 years of playing, I have owned some very nice instruments, vintage and otherwise. Now I'm not gigging and I'm perfectly happy with the fact that nearly everything I own can go on this thread...

Synchromatic (MIK Gretsch) acoustic, $70 pawn shop score:
Guitar2.jpg

SX57P...this is a killer bass right out the gate. Fantastic neck. Only upgrade I'm planning is a new wiring harness (though I'm considering bypassing the vol & tone and wiring direct to the jack) and I already have a black/white/black SX pickguard and white pup covers ready to go for its facelift:
Bass.jpg

Jay Turser JTB-401. Another P-bass copy, but it's a copy of the pre-1957 P-basses when they just had a single coil pup. The bridge and tuners on this are pretty chintzy, but functional, and I'm amazed at how great the pup sounds:
JTB2.jpg

And finally, most recent addition to the stable...a late 60s-early 70s lawsuit era Japanese Les Paul copy. Didn't know what to expect when I got it from an eBay seller a couple weeks ago. The good news is, it's a three-piece mahogany body with a maple cap. The neck is fantastic, chunky like a 50s Paul. The previous owner put a new bone nut on it and swapped the stock tuners with a set from a 2006 SG. The bad news is, the wiring is crap and the pickups? Get this--those aren't humbuckers! You yank them out and they're just single coils in disguise. :D Soon will be getting new wiring and pups. And pickguard.
Lester.jpg

I hope to get an SX or Xaviere Tele this year, and that should set me up for life. Although I'd love to have a hollowbody loaded with P-90s...

Right now my budget is below nil however... :(

• Members

..and of course my latest main squeeze...

...vietnamese rosewood Tele neck from da inlaidartist matched to body of my creation ....

100_1471.jpg

100_1475.jpg

The figure on that baby is INSANE!!

I love the neck too.

Dude? Do you actually own ANY guitars that arent heavily inlaid?:confused:

edit: Holy crap!!1 That is also a solid one piece body too? Wow!!

• Members

I got a jay turser Stingray bass copy that sounds and plays great.

Some subpar fit and finish going on with it like a slab sawn body with the grain ridges heavily rising giving it a lumpy appearence, but it plays and sounds fantastic. Not bad for sub 200.00 while my real one cost me 1100.00 in 1993 and got stolen. I use the tursor now for recording and for practicing at home. Dont use it for gigging though.

SS850128.jpg

• Members
The figure on that baby is INSANE!!

I love the neck too.

Dude? Do you actually own ANY guitars that arent heavily inlaid?
:confused:

edit: Holy crap!!1 That is also a solid one piece body too? Wow!!

hehehe thanks ..yup 1 pce aussie eucalyptus ash

and it changes appearance depending which way u look at it
100_1511.jpg

next guitar i build will have no inlays ...not even fretboard dots ...though there will be dots on side of fretboard ...:D

• Members

hehehe thanks ..yup 1 pce aussie eucalyptus ash

and it changes appearance depending which way u look at it

100_1511.jpg

next guitar i build will have no inlays ...not even fretboard dots ...though there will be dots on side of fretboard ...
:D

Liar.:lol::lol::lol:

Have you checked out Taisamlu's stuff? More spendy but :love::love::love::love:

• Members
Man, I hear really good things about the nobuckers on those Squiers like the one you got there. Tone for days, right?

That's an acoustic for late night noddlin!

well, Imma start littering the thread with my cheapies.

SX GG1 Mahogany
SXGG1004.jpg

SX GG1 Jr Mahogany
SXJR-1.jpg

SX GG1 Jr TV
SxJr.jpg

Daisy Rock Stardust Elite
DR7.jpg

Archived