DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Members
I've been sorely tempted to get one of these (I see them on ebay from time to time).

Tell me more about it.
:love:

I really like the Switch Wild IV Signature. Here is a video from a 2006 NAMM show where the Switch rep discusses the guitar, and provides some good information about them. Of course there is a little hype too.

http://www.gearwire.com/switch-wild-series.html

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
got this one for $109 ($50 discount) because the pearloid pickguard was peeling. Nothing a little glue couldn't fix
:thu:

Was it peeling really bad? I've read about some of the pearloid pickguards on the SXs being sent back for peeling pickguards, but never saw any pictures. Mine started peeling recently but I discovered that it was just a second clear plastic cover on it. It makes me wonder if some (or all) of the SSTs that were returned for pickguard peeling/delamination was because of the same thing.

• Members

How about this for less than 100 notes - new -

collage14.jpg
DSCF0002-2.jpg

...or this....whiich was my bargain of the the year for only 79.99 with case and bow!.....

(PS....yup....even I spotted it wasn't a guitar!....It is my new 'wet-weather' Viola!

DSCF1059-1.jpg

atb

FLORI

• Members
Was it peeling really bad? I've read about some of the pearloid pickguards on the SXs being sent back for peeling pickguards, but never saw any pictures. Mine started peeling recently but I discovered that it was just a second clear plastic cover on it. It makes me wonder if some (or all) of the SSTs that were returned for pickguard peeling/delamination was because of the same thing.

No, not bad at all. A section of maybe a few inches on the upper side of the pickguard was peeling back. I just took it off, put some glue in the peeling up areas, taped it up, waited a couple days, and good as new :thu:

Both of my SX ash strats were like this as well. Kurt @ rondo sent me 2 replacement pickguards for those, but i ended up fixing the pickguards that came on them as well. I gave one away, and i still have the other.
The ash strats were discounted to $90, but were not listed as a bstock. I think he knew they were peeling, but did not put it in his description.

• Members

More cheapies:

Route 101 Solimar Custom
R101B.jpg

Route 101 Rincon Custom with a vine of life neck that I still haven't finished installing
RinconVine.jpg

Cort Effector Explorer
EFF4.jpg

Kramer NightRider - it's LP sized with a 25.5" scale 6 on a side set neck
NRNEW.jpg

Squier M80
SquireM80a.jpg

SquireM80b.jpg

Daisy Rock Retro-H 12 string
DR12B.jpg

DR12A.jpg

Rogue Lipsticks
Lipstick1.jpg

rogueblue.jpg

• Members
More cheapies:

What do you think of the Route 101s? I like the fat frets on that first one. I agree with IBDBB on putting that neck on your Turser Tele. I'm pretty sure he means the rosewood one and if so, that would look total sex!

What are all the controls on the Cort Effector Explorer? Heh. The name sounds like Effexor (an antidepressant).

Do you have other pics of the Daisy Rock 12-string? Man, I haven't played a 12-stringer in years and I'm gassing for one really bad.

Oh, and screw you and your Rogue lipsticks :p (I'm just jealous that I waited too long and didn't get one)

• Members
What do you think of the Route 101s? I like the fat frets on that first one. I agree with IBDBB on putting that neck on your Turser Tele. I'm pretty sure he means the rosewood one and if so, that would look total sex!

What are all the controls on the Cort Effector Explorer? Heh. The name sounds like Effexor (an antidepressant).

Do you have other pics of the Daisy Rock 12-string? Man, I haven't played a 12-stringer in years and I'm gassing for one really bad.

Oh, and screw you and your Rogue lipsticks
:p
(I'm just jealous that I waited too long and didn't get one)

I like them alot. If you're patient you can get them cheap on ebay. Sometimes people are wanting 350 or more for them, and they just don't have that much of a following.

He did. I do too!

It has effects built in. Dist, delay, wah, etc. The effects are crap, but the git is a cool cheap bolt on explorer. From the era of my childhood, no less. It's currently gutted. I was gonna restore the effects, but apparently I'm not very motivated to do that. I should just put some nice ups in it.

I don't have any more pics of the DR12. I'd recommend that Dano I put in Alley's raffle thread. That thing was NICE.

Those lipsticks are NICE. Sorry.

• Members

great thread DC, here's my cheapie washburn, I traded a small pratice amp for it ( a little off brand 10 watt SS that I had sitting around for like 12 years)
but then bought the amp back for $10 a month later....Bahahahaha

washburn2.jpg

she sounds great, well with alittle help from my marshall:lol:

then there's this little "Miss Unknown"

MVC-020F.jpg

I have her set up to play slide, got her off of CL for $25. :p

• Members
Already sold out, DC, at least for the blue one linked from the great deals thread.

The end of an era. :(

Personally I think it's ugly. But it's well built and sounds good.

ok Dave,

P90s.....

ya missed the last of the SX strat copies with P90s. I think some were going for 90 bucks. That's about as good as it will get.

The Epiphone Junior with one P90 is nice but they're not common and usually go for 100 or so.

Anybody else got any suggestions?

• Members
, but cheap around the area of free would be acceptable.

So what is out there that is almost playable for next to nothing?

I figured this was the place to aks.

well since you said something I guess I'll show you this, it was sort free:

guitar.jpg

I got the cort body free from JJ, thanks again JJ, and got the neck off ebay for $25 iirc, those are GFS mean 90's she's sporting, and the rest of her parts are also GFS:p

Archived