DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Members

Sooo, I got my JT-220 cherryburst yesterday. Beachaudio.com. 140+5 bucks shipping. After I set it up, it is a player all the way. Love the set neck resonance. The pup's are horrible, so I ordered Dragonfire guitars Chrome screamer humbucker set. 29.99 + 8.00 S&H. You can find him on E-bay or this site....

http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=185&osCsid=c71d1564fee6b2faf8b7a29f61c6de55

Can't wait!!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think some Squiers should be allowed. After all, they get {censored} on by people because they're not a "real" Fender.

Here are my cheapies:

Douglas Hawker in purple. Set neck, mahogany body with maple cap that's about 3/4" thick at the pickups (archtop). It came with a few minor flaws in the binding and dime-size pots, but plays very nice. The case that was recommended for it is a tad too small at the upper-left bout. It's about to be modified, so that won't matter any longer.

upright.jpg

case_open2.jpg

And my SX SST Ash with the mismatched left-most panel. It's also set to be modified, but I won't reshape the body any on this one. It will have a somewhat unique pickup configuration.

front.jpg

The neck is killer and has a bit of birdseye and curly maple in it. The fretboard will be dyed darker and the dots replaced with something better looking and a new nut, and fret level and polish is in order.

neck-back2.jpg

• Members

I think some Squiers should be allowed. After all, they get {censored} on by people because they're not a "real" Fender.

Here are my cheapies:

Douglas Hawker in purple. Set neck, mahogany body with maple cap that's about 3/4" thick at the pickups (archtop). It came with a few minor flaws in the binding and dime-size pots, but plays very nice. The case that was recommended for it is a tad too small at the upper-left bout. It's about to be modified, so that won't matter any longer.

upright.jpg

case_open2.jpg

And my SX SST Ash with the mismatched left-most panel. It's also set to be modified, but I won't reshape the body any on this one. It will have a somewhat unique pickup configuration.

front.jpg

The neck is killer and has a bit of birdseye and curly maple in it. The fretboard will be dyed darker and the dots replaced with something better looking and a new nut, and fret level and polish is in order.

neck-back2.jpg

Great stuff!!:thu:

• Members

They need to bring these back, goddammit!

I've seen them twice now, but damn, the yellow ones go FAST. I can see why. Just something about them that is catchy. I love the design of the flat-top GG1s. I hope to have one of them one of these days, hopefully a Jr clone with P90s.

• Members
Liar.
:lol:
Have you checked out Taisamlu's stuff? More spendy but
:love:

:lol:

ya betta believe it

guitar coming with no inlays from da runna!...ya just wouldnt readbout it ...

but it will still look 'blingy' though

...some of the most exquisite pieces that i have are taisamlu purchases...

...yes a bit more spendy but my ...wat inlays ....

feast yer eyes on these!

100_0975.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0841.jpg

100_0843.jpg

• Members

Man, I hear really good things about the nobuckers on those Squiers like the one you got there. Tone for days, right?

Ha Ha.

That is a squier I bought for 50.00 from a kid that never played it. It was 10 years old but still brand new.

Here it is these days with a refin and a new picguard, new tuners, neck refin. Only other thing I am going to do to it is instal a bone nut and I am done.

Still have less than 140.00 into it and it looks increadible and plays and sounds great.

016.jpg

014.jpg

• Members

i'm game.
$160 Agile AL3000 HSBF bstock
SDC11251.jpg' alt='>'>
$99 Agile EP1 bstock
100_3478.jpg' alt='>'>
$150 Daisy Rock Retro H (you might remember this one DC)
SDC11221.jpg' alt='>'>
$150 Douglas Spad
SDC10702.jpg' alt='>'>
$160 Douglas 7 string
100_3328.jpg' alt='>'>
$99 Rogue Lipstick
100_3461.jpg' alt='>'>

I've still got more but i'll spread em out a little.

• Members
I've seen them twice now, but damn, the yellow ones go FAST. I can see why.

I got mine on ebay for 100 bucks on a Buy it Now shipped. I ignored it for DAYS. I couldn't believe it was getting no play. In fact, now I remember that the guy had to relist it. But it would not go away. So I brought it home. ;)

• Members

SX Ash Tele project. After 1 coat of dark walnut stain.

SXTele1coat.jpg

I want it to be a nice dark walnut to contrast with the WBW pickguard that I have for it. It will get about 4 coats of stain and 2 coats of wipe on satin poly. Just sanded the body with 400 grit, 0000 steel wool, wiped with a damp rag, then wiped on the stain.

This guitar will also be getting all new electronics and GFS vintage Alnico pickups. I also leveled and polished the frets last night. This guitar is a real player and will look awesome when I am done.

Here is my Ash SST that I just finished earlier in the week. Also got all new guts and Vintage Alnico stagger pickups from GFS. This started life as a P90 strat and I had to route for the middle pickup.

SXAshGilmour-Side.jpg

These are my only electrics at this time and I have no plans for any others- although I have a project neck and those Rondo p-90s that could use a body. I guess I could use a dedicated slide guitar which those P-90s would be perfect for. :facepalm:

LOu :thu:

• Members

Rondo makes alright guitars. I've tried horrible ones, I've tried impressive ones. If you can buy three guitars from them and one's good it's worth it at what they charge.

I have no problem with rondo or whats his name that runs the place.

I just don't understand why this thread was made to exclude so many cheap guitars to pander to rondo stuff.

• Members
They are sold by ebay seller: inlaidartist

linky:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZinlaidartist

unique stuff. Well worth the price, but the shipping is a big gotcha. That said I bought two.
:facepalm:
I was gonna sell one, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Runn3r, and sleepeatplay, have some of his guitars too.

You basically can't get anything like this anywhere else. They usually need significant turd polishing, but you wind up with something really unique and pretty nice for short money.

here's one of mine.

Anton1a.jpg

Anton1b.jpg

Anton1e.jpg

Coming in late to this thread. Will post pics of mine later. DC...Wow! I really like that Guitar, Especially its fretboard Inlay work.

Archived