DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and I am sure there are more.

SX GG1

When I got this one -- for some reason I wasn't all that impressed with it. Today, being home from work caring for my 5 year old's sickness (virus? a week on antibiotics and NOW she gets a 102 fever...) so I started playing this.. and a surprisingly satisfyingly player's guitar. ok.. it's a bolt on like an Epi LP Jr, but the pickups were surprising through the drive channels on the Cube. Clean? Not sure yet... but to it's defense it has sat under my bed since I got it. Needs a set up and maybe 9's... but i think this would be a fun guitar to bust out at a gig....

• Members
I'm a great believer in cheap Washburns. They're well built, and I've never come across one that has a bad neck or bad frets. Sometimes their necks are thinner than I like, but that's a matter of taste, not quality.

This one is on craig's for $50. I'm trying not to hit it.

washstrat1.jpg

washstrat2.jpg

That a shadow series? Those are pretty nice, man. I'm in the midst of building a partscaster based on one. There's a long story behind it, and I'm quite sure it'll make it's debut in this thread...

• Members

This thread has my name all over it. I guess I just have been so busy that I just discovered it. Over the last few months my favorite cheap guitar has been the Rogue HH. The one below is white - before Christmas I got myself a natural finish one as well.

The new entries that are giving the Rogues a run for the money are mid-level First Acts. I have the VW garage master - I play that more than anything else right now. And I just picked up a First Act VE591 that I like almost as much. (pics on those to follow.) I have had a couple Xavieres - but for some reason just did not bond with them.
ROGUE_HH_1.JPG
ROGUE_HH_2.JPG
ROGUE_HH_3.JPG

- w

• Members

I posted earlier but did not put the pic.

Besides this I have an Abeline that looks almost like this I bought a few years ago from a little music store near me. It has A humbucker and two singles.

Anyway here is the pick of the "metal -ME636 By First Act

• Members

Don't know if this qualifies, but here's my cheapie - PRS SE Custom scored for $400, setup and feelin' great....

DC didn't comment/respond on that yet, but I'll go out on a limb and say probably not. Sure, that was a deal for a PRS, but we're mostly talking about guitars that cost less than $200 new.

• Members

Ibanez Iceman/G&L "hybrid" w/ Jackson/Charvel pups. Traded for another guitar, but the seller had it listed for $150.00
IceL04.jpg

Yamaha SBG200, CL cop for $140.00 w/ hardshell case...from original owner.
SBG-01.jpg

Another Yamaha from Ebay, this SE700HE is da' bomb, ebony FB, killer TONEZ, $86
SE700-03.jpg

• Members
Canvas is a bolt neck and the bridge does have the waggle-thing on it but you can't really see it here. Close-up:

100_3591.jpg

No intonation problems - that these tired blown-out ears can hear anyway . . .

I know what you mean. I have a Les Paul DC that just has the rounded bridge and it sounds fine to me. Have/had waggle-tops and those adjustable bad-ass style ones as well. Never a problem.

Somewhere, Darial/Wayne Vinson is dying inside because he can't come here and make fun of us.

:thu:

Archived