Hypotheical question...what would you do?

nuke_diver

• Members

You have a guitar, it's old but not expensive. It was giving to you as a gift from someone you respect greatly but has since passed away. It is your one forever guitar due to sentimental reasons.

Then you play another guitar that would be used for exactly the same purposes and it is amazing, plays much better and sounds much better than your forever guitar.

But you can only have 1.

So what do you do?

• Members

Hypothetically what if your one woman said you could only have one guitar
:idk::lol:

i'd tell her my guitar said i can have two women :)

it's a tricky one mate... but to be honest i see no logic behind only having one guitar if one was a gift... you have no money invested in it so that would be my justification (if i needed one) for getting the one i want as well

• Members

Show her this flowchart:

http://www.guitarsquid.com/Latest/flow-chart-do-you-have-too-many-guitars.html?idevd=812738A2D57911E0862495D84824019B&idevm=f9fd8d7165774d77a8afd105142f5b68&idevmid=374196

If that doesn't work, it's time to hypothetically think about a new woman.

According to this, I definitely have too many! I have a sneaking suspicion that this flowchart was written by a wife!!!! :mad:

• Members

According to this, I definitely have too many! I have a sneaking suspicion that this flowchart was written by a wife!!!!
:mad:

Look closer. The chances of reaching the "you have too many guitars" part at the bottom is next to impossible. This HAD to be put together by a man!

• Members

It really depends on who the dead person is...you said someone I respected....well respect is one thing and I'd probably sell the guitar. If it was my Mom/Dad or other person who actually loved me, I'd keep the sentimental one for sure.

• Members

Easy. Keep it. If you needed another, a decent guitar can had so cheaply these days.

If the one you have is playing that poorly it probably just needs some TLC. A fret dress/polish, maybe a level, and a full setup can do wonders for just about any guitar unless it has serious issues.

• Members

On the off change that I was physically limited to carrying only one guitar with me on a permanent move/flight, I'd keep the sentimental guitar... then I'd buy whatever I wanted once I landed.

If I was being literally dropped off on a desert island where there are no music stores and no internet, I'd take whatever guitar I thought would give me the most joy.

:idk:

Other than those two scenarios, I don't understand the question. :lol:

• Members

Even though I'm overly sentimental most of the time, I suggest that you get the one you want. IMO, that would in no way mean anything other than you want a different guitar.

As an example, my Dad has a handful of guitars. When he passes, there's one I'll keep and never sell, because that's the one I associate with him, but all the rest I'll help Mom sell to help her, financially. I know he doesn't have an issue with that at all.

Archived