February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Members

Well, I received the Washburn RX25FVSB that I purchased through buy.com. Good news, bad news, and great news. The Floyd Rose is indeed a Special, making this a pretty damn good deal at the $145 price point. The flat flametop was attractive and well bookmatched. The binding is what you would expect at this price point. The guitar plays nicely. But there were two small blems on the face of the flametop. One was a dark spot in the grain of the wood, and the other was a quite noticeable splash of dark stain under the clearcoat finish. The discoloration in the grain I might have lived with, but the splash of stain under the clearcoat was a bit of a deal killer. Obviously this was no fault of the vender, but rather an issue with Washburn quality control. I called the buy.com marketplace dealer Music Factory Direct and spoke to John who was quick to offer an RMA. As an alternative to shipping back and forth, he offered a significant discount to keep the current guitar. The offer was abundantly fair and persuaded me to live with the finish imperfections. Based on this transaction I can say you can buy from MFD with confidence. Music Factory Direct is a remnant of WWBW since the MF buyout. They seem to be committed to satisfying their customers. The guitar is still available at both buy.com and MFD at the $145 price.

16719_1_.jpg

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, I received the Washburn RX25FVSB that I purchased through
buy.com.
Good news, bad news, and great news. The Floyd Rose is indeed a Special, making this a pretty damn good deal at the $145 price point. The flat flametop was attractive and well bookmatched. The binding is what you would expect at this price point. The guitar plays nicely. But there were two small blems on the face of the flametop. One was a dark spot in the grain of the wood, and the other was a quite noticeable splash of dark stain under the clearcoat finish. The discoloration in the grain I might have lived with, but the splash of stain under the clearcoat was a bit of a deal killer. Obviously this was no fault of the vender, but rather an issue with Washburn quality control. I called the buy.com marketplace dealer
Music Factory Direct
and spoke to John who was quick to offer an RMA. As an alternative to shipping back and forth, he offered a significant discount to keep the current guitar. The offer was abundantly fair and persuaded me to live with the finish imperfections. Based on this transaction I can say you can buy from MFD with confidence. Music Factory Direct is a remnant of WWBW since the MF buyout. They seem to be committed to satisfying their customers. The guitar is still available at both buy.com and MFD at the $145 price.

16719_1_.jpg

Thanks for the info. If their CS had been able to confirm that it was a Special, I would have ordered from them... I still might since my Hello Music order has not shipped. Interested in how the pickups sound if you start a NGD thread.

• Members

THinking of jumping on the HelloMusic deal, but still unsure. How easy is it to cancel an order with them? They says it can take up to 3-weeks to ship. Has anyone cancelled an order after ordering but before it shipped?

I canceled an order with them when there was a shipping delay. (For two items I had purchased from them previously, the items shipped quickly.) They were extremely nice about it.

• Members

FYI on the Washburn above, buy.com now has a $5 off $50 for musical instruments going on that was automatically added, making it $139.99 shipped for me. I bit. Wanted to share the discount in case there were some other deals to be gleaned.

I had been exchanging e-mails with someone at Hello Music, so I reached out to them about cancelling. If I don't get a quick response, I will call later.

• Members

I just received a $379 quote from a Music123 pricematch I sent in about a week ago on the Melody Maker. My guess is they were stalling but probably aren't selling many at the street price so decided to finally reply. I wouldn't be shocked to see some random model and color of Melody Maker on the SDOTD in the near future.

• Members

First time posting in this thread.

Last night I was up browsing around on music123 when a pop up came up giving me 15% off my order. I searched for other coupons and I found a 20% off all accessories (works on most things I tried under the accessories category) which was: wintersale2. I don't know what prompted the 15% off my order total, maybe someone here knows how to trigger it every time?

I was able to get the 20% off accessories applied to the accessories in the cart then the 15% off my order was taken giving me about 25% off my total order.

Order Subtotal: $695

Total after discounts: $528

around 25% off, not bad.

With this you can get a brand new Korg Pitchblack tuner for $61.20, awesome deal.

• Members

m123 just cancelled my long standing backordered Squier Mascis Jazzmaster that was ordered 11/24/11.

MF just cancelled my order for the Rogue pedals and power supply and wires and the pedal board case that was ordered right around that same time.

I had multiple promo codes on the Mascis so now calling back they are going to charge me straight MAP pricing and with the stacked codes I think I had it closer to $270 instead of $379. Rat bastards!!!! Same situation with the pedal/pedalboard deal.

• Members

m123 just cancelled my long standing backordered Squier Mascis Jazzmaster that was ordered 11/24/11.

MF just cancelled my order for the Rogue pedals and power supply and wires and the pedal board case that was ordered right around that same time.

I had multiple promo codes on the Mascis so now calling back they are going to charge me straight MAP pricing and with the stacked codes I think I had it closer to $270 instead of $379. Rat bastards!!!! Same situation with the pedal/pedalboard deal.

Weird. Same thing happened to me today with the Jazzmaster. They reinstated the order at the same discounted price (~$270). I don't know why it got cancelled but they were nice about taking care of it.

• Members

not to get too far off topic, but yesterday I got an e-mail from WWBW.com saying my backorder was going to be cancelled because of some regulation if I didn't reply to them stating I still wanted my purchase and they linked me to their customer support page. I replied that I still wanted it and they confirmed my order and gave me $10 credit for my inconvenience. Credit! not even a coupon. And this was for a $600 trumpet I got them to pricematch for me down to $170. That's great customer service right there.

• Members

did you check your backorder notification emails?

they tried to cancel my rogue pedal packs too. They sent me one of the monthly "backorder notification" emails, and I normally just delete them but I decided to read my last one and it said "if you wish to complete this order still, you must notify us within 14 days or it will be cancelled. Orders that are more than 60(?) days old, are automically cancelled unless tell us otherwise".

• Members

did you check your backorder notification emails?

they tried to cancel my rogue pedal packs too. They sent me one of the monthly "backorder notification" emails, and I normally just delete them but I decided to read my last one and it said "if you wish to complete this order still, you must notify us within 14 days or it will be cancelled. Orders that are more than 60(?) days old, are automically cancelled unless tell us otherwise".

I just went and check my old backordered emails and sure enough the ones from last week had this message. I just got a backorder email today that was normal. Thanks for the heads up! Now I guess I have to call. Sounds like BS to me - trying to get out of their obligations. One thing I do not understand about the rogue pedal backorder is that most of the items seem to be and have been in stock, why not ship what they have?

• Members

isn't the same situation with the Mascis Jassmasters? I see people already have them but I think we ordered them before anyone was able to get them anywhere. Youd expect we would have had first shot once they were available.

I just went and check my old backordered emails and sure enough the ones from last week had this message. I just got a backorder email today that was normal. Thanks for the heads up! Now I guess I have to call. Sounds like BS to me - trying to get out of their obligations. One thing I do not understand about the rogue pedal backorder is that most of the items seem to be and have been in stock, why not ship what they have?

• Members

isn't the same situation with the Mascis Jassmasters? I see people already have them but I think we ordered them before anyone was able to get them anywhere. Youd expect we would have had first shot once they were available.

They could've not had enough in that shipment to fill all the orders, as far as I know they only had 1 shipment of them so far. I could certainly be wrong on that though.

• Members

First time posting in this thread.

Last night I was up browsing around on music123 when a pop up came up giving me 15% off my order. I searched for other coupons and I found a 20% off all accessories (works on most things I tried under the accessories category) which was:
wintersale2
. I don't know what prompted the 15% off my order total, maybe someone here knows how to trigger it every time?

I was able to get the 20% off accessories applied to the accessories in the cart then the 15% off my order was taken giving me about 25% off my total order.

Order Subtotal: $695

Total after discounts: $528

around 25% off, not bad.

With this you can get a brand new Korg Pitchblack tuner for $61.20, awesome deal.

Even better when you shop for used mint accessories. Thanks for the post.

I wound up just getting some cases and a strap, all new, for a 32% discount. I waffled on a used, mint 30th ann. Lace Gold prewired pickguard for $161.50 (41% off new), but someone thankfully put me out of my misery.

Archived