February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Members
Probably ill advised to call and point out to them that you are (and we are) stacking codes and promos. Discussing it in this forum is one thing, calling and pointing it out to them is another. Just my 2 cents.

YUP.:cop:

Looks like you just fired one off into the sink bro.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

• Members
Probably ill advised to call and point out to them that you are (and we are) stacking codes and promos.

I find it hard to believe this is a mistake. It's not rocket science, and particularly where money is involved it's likely big stores would be thorough in their store/cart programming (or software choice).

• Members

I find it hard to believe this is a mistake. It's not rocket science, and particularly where money is involved it's likely big stores would be thorough in their store/cart programming (or software choice).

Clearly you don't remember "LUNCH".

This is most likely a mistake that they are stacking.

• Members

Probably ill advised to call and point out to them that you are (and we are) stacking codes and promos. Discussing it in this forum is one thing, calling and pointing it out to them is another. Just my 2 cents.

It is more likely effective to abandon any hope a CS person would even (care at all or) bother to relay it to anybody that could even remotely explain it or care about it enough to tell a manager or anybody NEAR the developers of the site. Even more likely there are contractors involved that either charge for bug fixes or *might* figure it out in 8 weeks and fix it. I just don't think there's much hope in the chain of evidence here, to be honest. Web dev isn't the well-oiled machine many think it is, and it certainly isn't helped along but the people who put in feature requests or bug reports. I think we're way too paranoid about it here.

• Members

Originally Posted by donsimon76 View Post

I just pulled the trigger on the $260 deal on the Pico valve ministack from HelloMusic. I couldn't resist it with my $25 off first time ordering coupon also! I have been needing a 1x12 cabinet. If I don't like the head, I'll sell it and get to keep the cab for dirt cheap! (
http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=13082
)

I also purchased the HelloMusic Pico Valve miniStack. I needed a 100Watt 16 ohm single 12" cab, and I like that it has a special design to convert between open back or closed back - and the THD designed Pico head was too tempting for recording + Tube type experimentation.

Description:

This small, well-built cabinet offers a single 12 inch, 16 ohm extension cab with a custom Eminence 70 watt speaker. Perfect with the Jet City PicoValve head!

The JCA12XS uses the same 100-watt, custom Eminence driver as the 12S, 24S and 48S cabinets, but conveys more of a midrange "growl" thanks to its compact footprint. With its matching perforation pattern and mini badge, it's the perfect companion for the 5-watt PicoValve, but is fully capable of cranked, 100-watt operation. A convertible rear panel allows you to the 12XS in half-open or closed-back configuration, so "tuning for the room" is as simple as removing 3 screws.

Features:

Jet City JCA12XS 1x12 Speaker Cabinet:

Inputs: 1x16 ohm

Power handling: 100 Watts RMS

Cabinetry: Multi-ply, void-free hardwood

Rectifier: Solid State

Drivers: 1x12 inch Jet City Custom Eminence Driver

Dimensions: 14"H x 7"D x 14"W

Weight: 18 lbs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK4FDnvLTwZW0E-wq-qUQ

jca_jca12xs_3.jpg

• Members
Clearly you don't remember "LUNCH".

What's "LUNCH"? What I do remember are the December discussions about MF.

Anyway, got a reply. The support representative checked and couldn't get them both to take effect, so asked for a screenshot (like that would prove anything). Too much trouble, so that's where I ended it, just adding a hint that I mainly wanted to see if the retroactive match policy was honored. They didn't bite.

That, together with a previous pricematch, conclude my trails with M123. Tentative conclusion: shop elsewhere.

Not that it matters, they all have the same owner. :)

• Members

It is more likely effective to abandon any hope a CS person would even (care at all or) bother to relay it to anybody that could even remotely explain it or care about it enough to tell a manager....

Anyone wise to this thread knows a 25-35% discount on a phone order requires a Manager's approval. To suggest it doesn't is just ill-informed. And I am not interested in having this whole stacking argument again. It was thoroughly hashed out in December, when some suggested we shouldn't even post them. At that time I vehemently defended the posting of them. I was just politely stating I thought it was ill-advised to tell the rep your stacking. Now I will less politely say that it's just plain stupid. That's all I got. Have a nice day.

• Members

Pic of the tele split-coils. Don't follow this stuff that closely..these must be just released? I don't know about the crushed S on the neck cover or and the cracked/split bridge..guess it looks cool though.:idk:

5263899.jpg
5263904.jpg

Fender Super 55 Split Coil Pickups Telecaster Set with 2 Single Coils, staggered, Alnico 5 Magneten, hum-free, incl. Quick Connect cabel, screws and wiring diagram

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_super_55_split_coil_tele_pu.htm

• Members

Same here. Left my browser window open for an hour while I ate dinner, then came back to add another item and the 15% had vanished. I cancelled the whole order which was probably a good thing, since I had a couple things in there I didn't really need anyway.

That's weird, I left a set of 11 tubes for my Ampeg SVT-CL in my cart overnight came back today after work and the stax was still there. I also added a used strat and it took the 15% off of that too. Also, M123 is giving 2x VIP points right now, so all in all a pretty good deal.

• Members

Oh, and I should state that I have that same speaker (larger JCA cab) and it works great with my 20 watt head. I say go for it!

Thanks! - I intend to use that cab for rehearsals with a Bogner Alchemist head i picked up last spring for $399 during a MF blowout.

• Members

Waves iGTR headphone amp $30 free shipping

I don't know exactly how hot this is, and I guess they've been on clearance for a while, but I remember these when they were over $100 a couple of years ago. Several sites have these, all on clearance, but some are $40 - $60. Reviews say the durability may not be there, but all say the sounds are good, and I've seen some youtube vids that show that they sound pretty good. I bought one, should arrive today.

Archived