February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW! I had the Epiphone Tribute in my amazon cart at $799 yesterday, today its $599! AFAIK Everywhere else its still $799. Price Mistake?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MKMAB6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I went ahead and ordered one, even though I have yet to play one in person. Anyone know Amazons return policy if I dont like the guitar? I guess I could always ebay it if I dont like it...

• Members

The price went down because of Amazon's pricing strategy algorithm, which is based on inventory.

Their return policy is excellent, but you will forfeit the Super Saver shipping.

That makes it even odder, as it says "out of stock." :confused: Good to hear their return policy is great. That makes me feel much better ordering "sight unseen." This is my first guitar, so I'm a bit nervous.... :)

• Members

I think if you just poke around the site long enough it will. It pops up from the right hand side with a sliding div.

(

I agree. I logged out and then logged back in, checked my cart, and the guitar that I had put in the cart this morning was still there with the 15% discount. (Screenshot below)

• Members

I agree. I logged out and then logged back in, checked my cart, and the guitar that I had put in the cart this morning was still there with the 15% discount. (Screenshot below)

Yep, the pedal that was in my cart is also still there with the discount applied.

• Members

I give up. The 15% side pop up thing worked at first, but my session timed out and it went away. I've been poking around on and off for the last couple of hours and haven't been able to make it pop up again. Almost $200 in accessories I was about to buy isn't going to happen I guess.

Same here. Left my browser window open for an hour while I ate dinner, then came back to add another item and the 15% had vanished. I cancelled the whole order which was probably a good thing, since I had a couple things in there I didn't really need anyway.

• Members

...OK, so I get to work this morning, and when I pull up M123 the 15% is still there on an item I'd left in my cart! This must be the Flying Dutchman of promo codes.

Managed to get a set of Condition 1 Fender Custom Shop Jazz bass pickups, a Weber ceramic Sig 10S and a 3-pack of EXL115s for $100 after stacking wintersale2. Contrary to Lou Reed, I guess there is Christmas in February after all.

• Members
  • Members

XLN Audio Addictive Drums is on sale at Guitar Center for $99.99 and if you use the VDAY20 coupon code you get another $20 off. This is a SW download though, so you don't get a disk. Typical going rate at most places is $150. Sometimes you might get lucky and find it for $99. So the extra $20 threw me over the edge. Link here

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H71828_box_V.jpg

Additionally, XNL is offering a buy one get one free deal on their ADpaks, so if you can find one cheap, and register before the end of March you get another one free (again as a download)

• Members

Fender Split-coil PU's

Message from Wesley D:
Dear Musician,

Unfortunately we are not able to match this price or beat it due to the fact that they are not a authorized dealer of Fender products. If you would like to contact us via phone we can see what kind of deal we can work out for you thanks.

:)

• Members

I just pulled the trigger on the $260 deal on the Pico valve ministack from HelloMusic. I couldn't resist it with my $25 off first time ordering coupon also! I have been needing a 1x12 cabinet. If I don't like the head, I'll sell it and get to keep the cab for dirt cheap! (
)

I actually really like the Pico. Give us a rundown when you get it!

• Members

I see what you mean about M123 trying to avoid following their stated policy. I bought something last month and now wondered if that 20% off for accessories + 15% off popup (32% combined), could be applied retroactively according to the 45 day price guarantee.

They were both in effect in the cart, so I asked for a retroactive match. I was told these two discounts didn't stack. I replied. We'll see what they say now.

Not worth the effort for what I bought, but nevertheless a good store reliability test for future reference. I still don't understand why M123 is the favorite pricematch destination here. I've had MF pricematch online without calling them, so no advantage in this regard.

• Members

They were both in effect in the cart, so I asked for a retroactive match. I was told these two discounts didn't stack. I replied. We'll see what they say now.

Probably ill advised to call and point out to them that you are (and we are) stacking codes and promos. Discussing it in this forum is one thing, calling and pointing it out to them is another. Just my 2 cents.

Archived