February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that M123 will match the SDOTD but they won't beat it. Why in the hell would I bother sending a price match request if I was just going to pay the same price?

BTW.. both Zzounds and M123 will match the SG/LP Melody maker deal.

That's more BS on their part. They tried the same {censored} with me when the Gibson Doublecuts were a $999 SDotD. Price match should have been $899, but they tried to tell me they didn't price match 'special deals'.

I had to point out to them that without 'special deals', everyone would be charging MAP or higher and there would never be a need for a price match request in the first place. It took 2-3 emails, but I got the $899 price.

• Members

Will they stack they 15% Groundhog coupon on top of this deal if you call them?

No reason they shouldn't. When they had the LP Jr Specials on sale for $799, I was able to get MF to honor whatever 15% code they had at the time on top of the sale price.

And obviously, this would be a better deal than the $14 off you get with the m123 price match.

• Members

No reason they shouldn't. When they had the LP Jr Specials on sale for $799, I was able to get MF to honor whatever 15% code they had at the time on top of the sale price.

And obviously, this would be a better deal than the $14 off you get with the m123 price match.

Just called and no dice (on attempt #1).

• Members

I like that M123 will match the SDOTD but they won't beat it. Why in the hell would I bother sending a price match request if I was just going to pay the same price?

BTW.. both Zzounds and M123 will match the SG/LP Melody maker deal.

It does suck that they will only match, but I sent a PM in early this morning, now I have a match for $49.99 that I can use for the next 10 days, so there is a good side to an even match now that this deal is no longer available.

• Members

It does suck that they will only match, but I sent a PM in early this morning, now I have a match for $49.99 that I can use for the next 10 days, so there is a good side to an even match now that this deal is no longer available.

If you don't use it, send it my way!

• Members

The correct amount on the first try? You should go out and immediately buy a lottery ticket...

Hah! I wanted to cover all the bases in the first email and try to avoid their usual BS. This is copy/paste from the price match request form I sent in:

"Price reflects ADVERTISED DISCOUNT when you add the item to your cart. Sam Ash is an authorized dealer of Gibson Guitars and this item is in stock. Please beat this price, applying your 110% price match guarantee."

It worked!

• Members
  • Members

tried to PM the Alesis videotrack. Got this email from M123 "Thank you for writing back to us.

I understand that B&H lists the accessories as included with this item, but unfortunately, that is not correct. We've had enough of these requests to prompt our buyers to contact them, and they confirmed to us that what they are selling is the bare-bones model of this recorder; no accessories are included.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

Nice.

• Members

tried to PM the Alesis videotrack. Got this email from M123 "Thank you for writing back to us.

I understand that B&H lists the accessories as included with this item, but unfortunately, that is not correct. We've had enough of these requests to prompt our buyers to contact them, and they confirmed to us that what they are selling is the bare-bones model of this recorder; no accessories are included.

Nice.

Yeah, that's a flat-out lie. Mine arrived with all the same accessories advertised by M123, and others here have had the same experience. It's one thing to hem and haw about honoring your own policies, it's another to go so far as to lie about it.

I've had a lot of good experiences with M123, including some straightforward 110% price-beats (eg, had to work a little for the Alexis, but no biggie), but they're stooping to new lows here and it sure ain't flattering.

• Members

Nice.

The key is to not take 'no' for an answer. Took me 5 replies, but I eventually got my $14 price match.

I would reply to them and tell them you'll be forwarding their reply to B&H to let them know they are lying about the products they sell...

• Members

Archived