Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Members

Oh, Manpig. The only troll here is you. You called me out before I even posted in this thread, and continue your passive-aggressive character assault. Behavior such as yours is really dragging this thread down. I asked you politely to cease, yet you continue.

I have no choice but to notify the authorities.

So, as soon as I roll off of her fat ass, I'm telling your mom.

Where are my manners? Again, my apologies.... I'm just having a little trouble telling one troll from another. You all sound alike.

Edit: By the way, the character assault is not passive-aggressive; it's just aggressive. Got mother jokes? Grow some balls.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Undoubtedly this was Leo's most problem-plagued invention. In terms of comfort it's at least better than a Telecaster, but it's inferior to the Tele, Jaguar, and Jazzmaster due to:

The vibrato CAN be used subtlety, it's just that most people don't use it that way.

The middle pickup can be lowered enough to be out of the way.

The control layout is customizable. One can set it so there is a master volume and master tone and not even use the spot where the volume control pot resides. One can also integrate a neck-on toggle switch that is out of the way.

The anemic tone can be fixed with ... much heavier gauge strings. ;)

The string angle is what it is. Nothing can be done about that.

• Members

Where are my manners? Again, my apologies.... I'm just having a little trouble telling one troll from another. You all sound alike.

Edit: By the way, the character assault is not passive-aggressive; it's just aggressive. Got mother jokes? Grow some balls.

Troll identified:

image.php?u=31898&dateline=1282780797

• Members

The vibrato CAN be used subtlety, it's just that most people don't use it that way.

The middle pickup can be lowered enough to be out of the way.

The control layout is customizable. One can set it so there is a master volume and master tone and not even use the spot where the volume control pot resides. One can also integrate a neck-on toggle switch that is out of the way.

The anemic tone can be fixed with ... much heavier gauge strings.
;)

The string angle is what it is. Nothing can be done about that.

There are really only two people who should be allowed to play Strats - Dick Dale and Hank Marvin.

• Members

Haha growing balls on your chin, troll

• Members

Inconceivable that more than one person might think you're behaving like a dickhole? Absolutely not! Entirely conceivable, in fact.

To you, yeah. To the OP, sure. Not many other objections.... None, in fact. C'mon J.J.! I thought you live for this kinda' stuff -- entertainment value and all that! I thought that surely your history of inane posts would make you a little more immune to being called out. The problem is that you're confusing me with a troll -- and that's understandable given your narrow little world. A troll sets up inane posts in order to provoke outraged responses. Me, on the other hand? I just don't like you.

• Members

To you, yeah. To the OP, sure. Not many other objections.... None, in fact. C'mon J.J.! I thought you live for this kinda' stuff -- entertainment value and all that! I thought that surely your history of inane posts would make you a little more immune to being called out. The problem is that you're confusing me with a troll -- and that's understandable given your narrow little world. A troll sets up inane posts in order to provoke outraged responses. Me, on the other hand? I just don't like you.

How thoughtful of you to go so far out of your way to say something that obviously means a lot to you. Thank you, Manpig. I hope you get a paper cut on your asshole and sit in lemon juice.

• Members

There are really only two people who should be allowed to play Strats - Dick Dale and Hank Marvin.

wow....go away for a few hours and come back and it's nothing but {censored}ing constant stupidity from you. page after page of stupid comments.

But of course I'M sooooo angry right?

Seriously though...how the {censored} do you get to be so stupid? I really want to know. Did you practice it? Is it inherited? Are your parents this stupid too?

Come on...tell me...my scientific mind needs to know...is this Nature stupid or Nurture stupid?

• Members

wow....go away for a few hours and come back and it's nothing but {censored}ing constant stupidity from you. page after page of stupid comments.

But of course I'M sooooo angry right?

Seriously though...how the {censored} do you get to be so stupid? I really want to know. Did you practice it? Is it inherited? Are your parents this stupid too?

Come on...tell me...my scientific mind needs to know...is this Nature stupid or Nurture stupid?

More undignified blubbering.

• Members

There is a well-known correlation between string angle behind the bridge and tone. The shallower the angle, the better the tone. Shallow angles give a more focused tone and more percussive note attack.

The shallower the angle, the more likely the pitch will warble in and out of tune - poor tone. Hard strumming will cause all sorts of movement, bad overtones, resonances, harmonics etc with a low break angle - so you can't dig in much; there's a diminished range for dynamic playing. Besides, break angle is more critical on acoustic guitars, not so much with electrics.

BTW. A Strat has better intonation than a Jag because of the longer scale length.

• Members

The shallower the angle, the more likely the pitch will warble in and out of tune - poor tone. Hard strumming will cause all sorts of movement, bad overtones, resonances, harmonics etc with a low break angle - so you can't dig in much; there's a diminished range for dynamic playing. Besides, break angle is more critical on acoustic guitars, not so much with electrics.

BTW. A Strat has better intonation than a Jag because of the longer scale length.

Uncorrect. There is no connection between string angles and tuning stability. If there were, how do you explain the superior tuning stability of Jags, JMs and Gretsches over Strats?

You see, as you reduce the angle behind the bridge (and reduce string pressure on the bridge), several things happen to your tone. The first is, you get a much more interesting initial note attack. The attack becomes quite percussive. Even with roundwounds, you get a lovely little "thump" happening with each note you play. People sit up and take notice at that. Instead of the typical clean tone (the anemic Strat or the Muddy Les Paul) you get something that sounds lively and vital. Your tone stands out from the legions of mundanists. It brings to mind the lovely wooden attack of a marimba crossed with the Harp of Asora.

Another thing that happens is you lose some of the bass and treble frequencies. This is desirable because it allows your tone to become more focused, and you find that your tone doesn't get swallowed up by the bassist, even when you're playing low notes. The filtering in the Tube Screamer works on this principle, although arguably Ibanez/Maxon went too far with it.

Thirdly, you get reduced sustain. Most guitars have FAR too much sustain. If you've ever tried to play a piano with the sustain pedal continually depressed, you can of course intuit the obvious benefits of moderately reduced sustain.

A fourth benefit is the addition of overtone frequencies generated by the strings behind the bridge, but I think I've given you enough for now.

• Members

This is unbelievable... the fish are just jumping in the boat. You guys have made this trolls year.

I know right :facepalm:

I take back what I said about this guy being an unsuccessful troll... Obvious? Sure, yet people still get suckered in :facepalm::facepalm:

Archived