Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uncorrect. There is no connection between string angles and tuning stability. If there were, how do you explain the superior tuning stability of Jags, JMs and Gretsches over Strats?

You see, as you reduce the angle behind the bridge (and reduce string pressure on the bridge), several things happen to your tone. The first is, you get a much more interesting initial note attack. The attack becomes quite percussive. Even with roundwounds, you get a lovely little "thump" happening with each note you play. People sit up and take notice at that. Instead of the typical clean tone (the anemic Strat or the Muddy Les Paul) you get something that sounds lively and vital. Your tone stands out from the legions of mundanists. It brings to mind the lovely wooden attack of a marimba crossed with the Harp of Asora.

Another thing that happens is you lose some of the bass and treble frequencies. This is desirable because it allows your tone to become more focused, and you find that your tone doesn't get swallowed up by the bassist, even when you're playing low notes. The filtering in the Tube Screamer works on this principle, although arguably Ibanez/Maxon went too far with it.

Thirdly, you get reduced sustain. Most guitars have FAR too much sustain. If you've ever tried to play a piano with the sustain pedal continually depressed, you can of course intuit the obvious benefits of moderately reduced sustain.

A fourth benefit is the addition of overtone frequencies generated by the strings behind the bridge, but I think I've given you enough for now.

blah blah...{censored}ing stupid blah blah blah......

• Members

I thought you lost your touch when the Name change came.

Glad to see you back in full form.

This thread is Epic Uma at his Best. I mean Django............... :lol:

Here's one of his Classic Best troll Threads...................

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2859447-Does-metal-qualify-as-music&highlight=metal

• Members

now that we've learned how flawed the Strat is, let's see how many flaws we can find with this failure of design:

Irina-Shayk-2011-Sports-Illustrated-Swim

I'd love to have that on my lap while fiddling/noodling whatever-you-guys-call-it that.

What happens when I put a strap-on... ermm... strap on her?

Archived