Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

quite a benchmark, that Leo's "biggest mistake" is better than many's best effort, likely yours included!

Yeah "biggest mistake" is a massive overstatement, although I do have a few minor quibbles with the strat design. You do realise that you don't have to play a strat don't you? What's the point in ranting about it? I don't like the look of the BC Rich Warlock. So i don't play them. But i don't feel the need to go on about them.

• Members

Yeah "biggest mistake" is a massive overstatement, although I do have a few minor quibbles with the strat design. You do realise that you don't have to play a strat don't you? What's the point in ranting about it? I don't like the look of the BC Rich Warlock. So i don't play them. But i don't feel the need to go on about them.

Calmer than you, breaux.

• Members

How old are you, oh OP? 15? 16? Because you come off like it.

But on to your arguments: You're going to bitch and piss and moan about the break angle of all things? The Volume knob, i'll give you, the tone control is a simple matter of wiring a small, 1-inch piece of wire between two lugs on the switch, and the neck and bridge is a matter of adding a DPDT switch or pushpull.

Grow up. And clean your room.

I'm quite calm. Please compose yourself and I'll be happy to address your concerns.

• Members

Both Jazzmasters and Jaguars have a great deal more body than Strats, even with light round wounds. There is a well-known correlation between string angle behind the bridge and tone. The shallower the angle, the better the tone. Shallow angles give a more focused tone and more percussive note attack.

Say what you want but as cool as Jaguars and Jazzmasters are, they're thin and plinky sounding. Strats are not.

• Members

I see what you are saying but to me, it was a GREAT mistake if one can call it a mistake.

If it doesn't cause me broken strings or anything, I don't care.

Discuss.

For something so 'wrong' it sure caused a revolution in the music industry...and it's my third or fourth choice of design.

• Members

I read them. I'll thank you to stop implying that the OP is an alt of mine, or whatever you're trying to say. You're ruining this thread.

My apologies... tell me... are you more agitated by being compared to a troll or an amateur?

• Members
Andy Summers is primarily known for his Telecaster. He used a Strat for the last Police album. In the reunion he used both.

In the reunion, he used a red Custom Shop Strat for 80% of the songs even though Fender had already built him the Tele Tribute. Guess he had no problems with its "thin, anemic tone."

Fruciante's best moments are on a Jaguar. The Edge is primarily known for being a gear whore. You're as likely to find him playing a Gretsch or an Explorer as a Strat.

Ooh, nice try but you fail yet again. If you look at John Frusciante's gear list, you see Strats outnumber Jags by approximately 9 to 5. If his "best moments" were on Jaguars, why does he prefer Strats by nearly 2 to 1? Could it possibly be that he *gasp* likes Strats better than Jaguars? :eek::lol:

As for The Edge, let's see some random photos throughout the years:

Here he is in 1983. Guess what he's playing?
stratocaster_bb.jpg

Ooh, look at him now all growed up and touring The Joshua Tree. What's that in his hands?
stratocaster_clapton_yellow.jpg

Here are some more recent photos. Yup, he sure do love them Strats!
fender-strat-clapton-red-love_town_tour.
stratocaster_sunburst2.jpg
200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-03-2820-20S
BlackandWhiteStrat-10.jpg

Obviously the Jag and Jazzmaster are the pinnacle of guitar engineering. Leo saw the shortcomings of the Strat, and corrected them with the Jazzmaster. The few remaining flaws in the Jazzmaster were corrected in the Jaguar. Hope this helps.

It's so adorable that you keep presenting your half-baked opinions as fact. Of course, considering you haven't done any research before making an idiot of yourself in public, I guess opinion is all you got. :wave:

• Members

^^^^^ As the pics above show, while I completely agree about The Edge and strats, in more recent years you can probably find pics of him playing every guitar ever made -- not just the models, but every serial number as well! Thanks for the link; Frusciante's collection is insane.

• Members
One or two
?
:lol:

You need to get out more often.

In the reunion, he used a red Custom Shop Strat for 80% of the songs even though Fender had already built him the Tele Tribute. Guess he had no problems with its "thin, anemic tone."

Ooh, nice try but you fail yet again. If you look at John Frusciante's
gear list
, you see Strats outnumber Jags by approximately 9 to 5. If his "best moments" were on Jaguars, why does he prefer Strats by nearly 2 to 1? Could it possibly be that he *gasp* likes Strats better than Jaguars?
:eek::lol:

As for The Edge, let's see some random photos throughout the years:

Here he is in 1983. Guess what he's playing?

stratocaster_bb.jpg

Ooh, look at him now all growed up and touring The Joshua Tree. What's that in his hands?

stratocaster_clapton_yellow.jpg

Here are some more recent photos. Yup, he sure do love them Strats!

fender-strat-clapton-red-love_town_tour.
stratocaster_sunburst2.jpg
200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-03-2820-20S
BlackandWhiteStrat-10.jpg

It's so adorable that you keep presenting your half-baked opinions as fact. Of course, considering you haven't done any research before making an idiot of yourself in public, I guess opinion is all you got.
:wave:

What Strat is that in the second picture down??

• Members

Damn. I thought this troll had potential but he doesn't even know how to incite a mob to pitchforks.

And around HC, that doesn't take much.

OP, you shoulda mentioned relics, too. Folks get hot over relics.

EG

I have not attempted to troll anyone. It seems people read opinions different from their own and get all riled up by themselves. The amount of wailing, weeping and gnashing of teeth from my interlocutors has been both unmanly and undignified.

• Members

My apologies... tell me... are you more agitated by being compared to a troll or an amateur?

Oh, Manpig. The only troll here is you. You called me out before I even posted in this thread, and continue your passive-aggressive character assault. Behavior such as yours is really dragging this thread down. I asked you politely to cease, yet you continue.

I have no choice but to notify the authorities.

So, as soon as I roll off of her fat ass, I'm telling your mom.

Archived