Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's certainly the most stable of the solid body designs.
All that's necessarily is to use strings intendended for adult males.
No setup or tweaking required.

Ahh, now we get to the heart of it. This is all a setup for: Bigger Strings = More Testosterone. :wave:

• Members

Wow.

Some people's children.

I can only believe your poor mother has to say the same about you being her biggest mistake.

I mean, the thread title may as well have said:

"HEY EVERYONE!! Look at me! I'm over here! You know, the one picking his nose and eating his boogers! I'm here! Right here!

I matter!

Look! Look at me!

Hello?

Someone?

Anyone?

• Members

Wow.

Some people's children.

I can only believe your poor mother has to say the same about you being her biggest mistake.

I mean, the thread title may as well have said:

"HEY EVERYONE!! Look at me! I'm over here! You know, the one picking his nose and eating his boogers! I'm here! Right here!

I matter!

Look! Look at me!

Hello?

Someone?

Anyone?

Go back to sleep, grandad. We'll wake you when dinner's ready.

• Members

:lol:

I would have said you can dish it out but you can't take it but, after this little diatribe, I can tell you can't dish it out properly either.

Pete Townshend is now primarily a Strat guy, Andy Summers used a Strat for the majority of The Police's reunion tour, and The Edge is best known for using Strats. So kindly check your facts before embarrassing yourself in public again.

While we're at it, you don't like the Strat but you think the Jaguar and Jazzmaster are the pinnacle of modern engineering? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

Andy Summers is primarily known for his Telecaster. He used a Strat for the last Police album. In the reunion he used both.

Fruciante's best moments are on a Jaguar. The Edge is primarily known for being a gear whore. You're as likely to find him playing a Gretsch or an Explorer as a Strat.

Obviously the Jag and Jazzmaster are the pinnacle of guitar engineering. Leo saw the shortcomings of the Strat, and corrected them with the Jazzmaster. The few remaining flaws in the Jazzmaster were corrected in the Jaguar. Hope this helps.

• Members

• Inferior, almost unusable vibrato system with no subtlety

• "Third wheel" middle pickup

• A truly terrible control layout, with no tone control for the bridge pickup, no way to select neck and bridge pickups, and a volume knob so close to the strings that you have to adapt your playing technique to avoid accidentally turning yourself down

• The weakest, most anemic clean tone of any Fender guitar

• Incorrect string angle behind the bridge (a problem shared by the Tele)

Discuss.

Some valid points. Here's my take:

1. i tend to fix the trems as i don't use them, but with good tuners, a properly cut nut, and relatively new strings, tuning shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you're divebombing like crazy. it wasn't designed for that. but yeah, the trem system on a strat sucks far too frequently.

2. disagree. middle pickup has its own tone and without it you wouldn't get those unique 2 and 4 position sounds

3. totally agree! i tend to get rid of that closest knob and use the lower 2 as master volume and tone knobs. also, you run the risk of accidentally hitting and changing the selector switch. i really like the jack on strats though

4. simply not true at all

5. news to me. what is the correct string angle behind the bridge?

i agree with some of what you say

i don't care about tradition or brand names at all. i quite like strats but my ideal strat would be a top-loading hardtail bridge, and repositioned knobs & selector switch. if squier came out with something like that i'd be all over it. i don't understand why there isn't a 'Squier Hard-Tail Stratocaster'...they'd make an absolute killing

• Members

the only reason Jim Masoner of the Lively Ones played a Jag is because someone stole his Tele. Most of the surf hits of the 60s were played on Teles by The wrecking Crew.

Not really. The Wrecking Crew played a lot of material for albums under the names of bands that never existed. They were just put out quickly to take advantage of the surf movement.

Another great Jag band:

• Members

No, no! That's not how you troll! Who do you think you are? J.J. Pistols? Not after two months, my friend. You don't shoot the wad on Michael Jackson right out of the gate. You gotta' work up to it! Start slowly.... Since two of us posted similar comments: something like "Do you two know each other?" You've got to build the irritation! Ugh... rookies!

He's no rookie (it's Uma)

• Members

anyone that plays jags knows they set up better with heavy strings.
Thats the only reason to use them.

I used to be neighbors with The Trashwomen when I lived out in the sunset. They would have shows in their garage all the time.

Yes, but that's true of all guitars.

I dig the Trashwomen. I've got a couple of their albums.

Archived