How men and women are different.

honeyiscool

• Members

My old roomate was a Tool fan and tried to make everybody like them. He insisted on it but most people were put off by him and consequently, Tool. He really was a tool.

Personally, I have zero interest in their music but its subjective. I just happen to be right.

I know fans like that are {censored}ing irritating.....but to write off a band because their fans are dorks? Sorry....I make up my own mind on music.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and yet, if we stopped replying to the OP trolling posts the problem just goes away,right? Next up Honey will start the "Strats and Les Pauls suck and so do the players who love them" thread .... followed by a doctoral thesis on why yet another artists sucks.

• Members

As long as we're hating on music in this thread, what the {censored} was that? Am I on Full House or something?

I don't understand why people could dislike music just because it's progressive or somehow outside of the box of popular song. People who actually think outside the box these days are making awesome music and most people would rather listen to crap because they're so used to it.

• Members

I'm rather late to this party but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. Some of my favorite artists are women ( Bonnie Raitt, Heart's Ann Wilson come to mind), however, at least when I was actively playing for a living, working with women was difficult. Guys would get jealous of all the attention the lady would get. Usually someone in the band fell into an affair with the lady which led to group power struggles. Eventually they'd break up which led to more problems. I auditioned a keyboard player once for a band I was in that had a girl singer, as soon as he knew we had a girl, he abruptly told me he didn't work with women, for basically the same reasons I've mentioned. Perhaps these days times have changed. When I was gigging the ladies, besides being talented, had to have some kind of sex appeal, think Pat Benatar, Susannah Huffs, Blondie's Debby Harry etc. Nowadays, it appears, not so much. Probably a good thing.

• Members

working with women was difficult. Guys would get jealous of all the attention the lady would get. Usually someone in the band fell into an affair with the lady which led to group power struggles. Eventually they'd break up which led to more problems

I know what you're saying, and I've witnessed it myself, but IMO anyone who is that unprofessional will show it sooner or later anyway, whether there are women in the band or not.

I only work with men and women who can leave the personal stuff outside work, and anyone who can't concentrate because there's someone of the opposite sex in the room is going to be an asshole to work with in lots of other ways, guaranteed.

I also auditioned a musician once who said he was uncomfortable working with women for the reasons you stated, so I patiently explained to him that it was HE who had the attitude problem and that we wouldn't be needing him. Turns out he was one of those old-school, misogynist, usually-sleeps-on-the-sofa kind of guys anyway, and was a total flake in the all-male band he later joined.

Archived