How men and women are different.

honeyiscool

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something I never understand is why people feel the need to trash one thing to somehow make their thing come across as superior? It just makes people look insecure in their beliefs. It just seems like a negative way to go about things.

• Members

Something I never understand is why people feel the need to trash one thing to somehow make their thing come across as superior? It just makes people look insecure in their beliefs. It just seems like a negative way to go about things.

That's absolutely correct, but that's also how people enjoy passing their time on this forum.

• Members

Is Adam Jones even an above average player? I don't know, man.

One of my best friends loves Tool - I'm pretty sure they're his favorite band. The reason why he loves them - Danny Carey. Yeah, my friend is a drummer. Since he likes them so much, I gave the band a closer listen than I had before. I was never really into the band before. The drumming is excellent. The bass guitar tones are really great, and the playing is good, too. Maynard is a great singer. Adam Jones does his thing, but he is, at least for me, the least interesting part of the band. I don't mean that to insult the guy or his playing, but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the guitar in that band. Overall, I like them, and I had a good time at their show.

I get what you mean about some Tool fans - I have met some really douchey Tool fans. In fact, the guy sitting behind us at the show I saw was probably the biggest asshole I've ever met. That's saying a lot, since I live in Miami.

• Members

Girls:

[video=youtube;3TV1FXjq844]

Guys:

[video=youtube;xer3Hh_SesI]

Same sort of genre. Girly band is all girls, manly band is all men. I thought the disparity in the overall tone of each song was quite interesting and unexpected. Obviously each song on its own does not speak for their respective discographies, but eh.

• Members

Actually, that was surprisingly melodic: okay the cookie-monster-on-steroids vocals are harsh but there was a lot of melody in the guitar solo and underpinning the chorus.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned Kittie yet, but what the hell.

• Members

what

A whole thread about girly music and no mention of the girliest band of all

NASHVILLE {censored}

that Ruyter Suys is a real girly guitarist and, when she was there, Cory Parks was a little girly bassist.

anyone mention hook heavy rock?

• Members

Tool = mumbling over bass lines. Seriously, I don't understand the fascination with why everyone thinks, or at least used to think, that they were so cool. Danny Carey is a good drummer, and that's about where the talent stops in that band.

• Members

I {censored}ING love both those songs.

I can appreciate the pop brilliance of a song like Our Lips are Sealed and the cool odd time signatures in Schism.

Too bad some of you are so closed minded.

I don't really give a {censored} though....your loss...not mine.

• Members

A 6' tall 200 lb. dude who wants to get really silly on stage has a hard time doing it without looking threatening or ridiculous. Look at how much scorn is heaped on the hair bands. Guys who pull it off are just super talented or a little smaller (e.g Weird Al, Queen, EVH). It's probably just easier to go the shoegazer or sweaty rock star route and not worry about anyone hurting your feelings.

On the other hand you have women like Juliana Hatfield who are naturally kind of surly but have cute voices and are trapped in bubbly-looking bodies.

• Members

I've never heard Tool before, I just thought they were a metal band. I heard all sorts in there, bits of Soft Machine, early King Crimson, in fact a lot of Canterbury scene cues in there.
I quite liked it.
Maybe as I'm a 6'3" biker you'd expect me to, but I also play in a half-female band and have a Hello Kitty Strat.
Make of that what you will.

• Members

I don't see that many differences between the sexes, certainly not enough to play only with girls (no women?). Maybe extend your range?

When I was single I had a blind date with a girl who taught herself to shred almost to a Shawn Lane level yet played video games all day. My butcher graduated Cornell in biotech, kills pigs, and she is a mean {censored}ing metal bass player. Boh were cute not that it mattered. Anyways go back to talkin bout whatever. :p

/if anyone is in Ithaca ny go to the piggery!

Archived