SOT: Anybody feel annoyed by entitled online shoppers?

honeyiscool

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Sigurd

View Post

There sure are some peeps around here that get their panties all tied in a knot over stuff that isn't any of there {censored}in business. If the OP doesn't like it because someone else is complaining about a merchant playing games and breaking promises, he/she/it can go {censored} a duck. Its that simple.

It's nobody's business how many times I wipe my ass each day. Lucky for people here, I don't feel the need to share every pathetic detail of my life.

People make it everyone's business when they post threads complaining about stuff. In the particular case of the $249 Vox amps and $100 mail-in rebate it does appear some people have a valid complaint. But, there have been so many pathetic crybaby stories lately that some people are just getting sick of all the soiled diapers. Maybe, it's time for some of the other princesses around here to change their tampons and get on with their lives.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf

View Post

I'm more annoyed by those who abuse liberal return policies and make uninformed, uneducated online purchases knowing they can just send it back if they don't like it.

So Johnny Swingin' Dick #1 orders an $800 guitar he has no idea he's really going to like (or maybe really shouldn't even be spending money on). He boogers it up for a week or so, decides he doesn't like it, or realizes he can't afford rent now, and sends it back for a refund.

Now Johnny Swingin' Dick #2 orders the same item, pays full price, gets it and finds Johnny Swingin' Dick's boogers on the back of the headstock, and insists on having $300 knocked off the price, and expects the retailer to eat it (the $300, not the boogers).

Oh well, I guess if retailers are stupid enough to put up with it, they only have themselves to blame.

You forgot about Johnny Swingin Dick getting mad that he has to pay shipping charges to send back the guitar he does not like. In some cases, Johnny Swingin Dick may apply imaginary boogers to the headstock in order to get free shipping back to the warehouse.

I run a retail site- I know. Althought I deal with Mrs. Johnny Swinging dick more often. But one thing I always do if there is a problem - I make it right. If something was even 2% unclear to the customer, I take care of it.

I recently I ran a Black Friday coupon code. It stated that it expired at midnight. Well, the code was accepted on purchases an extra 24 hours by mistake (coding error). Did I try to weasel out of those discounts- no. I honored them. I did not try to spew some bull{censored} or change the terms. The customer did nothing wrong - we did. Same applies to Korg- Sweetwater. They messed up and SO FAR are doing nothing to make it right.

I am holding out (Based on reputation) that Sweetwater will make it right.

• Members

Some of the responses in this thread...

spockfail.jpg

I think that HiC has a point. Not all of the complainers are in the wrong, but there are definitely some douchecanoes here lately that will whine, bitch, and moan when they don't get 20% off employee discount because he's a neckbeard who hasn't actually left his mother's basement to practice let alone gig.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Can't help but notice most of the people who are tearing into HIC and others and making it personal have like 300 posts but have been here for a few years. I guess you guys only come out of the woodwork for hyena feeding time at the zoo. You all have little to nothing of value to contribute here pertaining to guitars. You just lurk here to ambush for your petty amusements.

Oh and I only partly agree with the OP but I'm not going to {censored} on him over a difference of opinion.

A bunch of {censored}ing animals, you are.

Ya, its a bit sad how a thread gathers negative momentum and pack mentality. Notice how its usually the unfamiliar faces/members who usually jump aboard? Funny about that.

And on that note, this thread is really making me have to take a big dump, see you all later...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Ya, its a bit sad how a thread gathers negative momentum and pack mentality. Notice how its usually the unfamiliar faces/members who usually jump aboard? Funny about that.

No disrespect intended, but I can't tell what your point is. A conspiracy of some sorts? Those with low post counts shouldn't be able to comment? Those with low post counts are more prone to be trolls?

Genuinely curious...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

No disrespect intended, but I can't tell what your point is. A conspiracy of some sorts? Those with low post counts shouldn't be able to comment? Those with low post counts are more prone to be trolls?

Genuinely curious...

It means whatever you want it to. Life is all about interpretation. How you see things and how I see things is based on the sum of our personal experiences. Why did you respond to my comment? Ask yourself that...

• Members

View Post

It means whatever you want it to. Life is all about interpretation. How you see things and how I see things is based on the sum of our personal experiences. Why did you respond to my comment? Ask yourself that...

snacks.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge

View Post

It's nobody's business how many times I wipe my ass each day. Lucky for people here, I don't feel the need to share every pathetic detail of my life.

People make it everyone's business when they post threads complaining about stuff. In the particular case of the $249 Vox amps and $100 mail-in rebate it does appear some people have a valid complaint. But, there have been so many pathetic crybaby stories lately that some people are just getting sick of all the soiled diapers. Maybe, it's time for some of the other princesses around here to change their tampons and get on with their lives.

Heh, I almost regretted making this thread when I saw how many responses it got, but I kinda don't after posts like these.

Yeah, I think you're right, the rebate thing, that was a bad example. That's actually a legitimate case to be made.

• Members

View Post

My take is that a lot of the Hall of Fame Members here get really, super, duper butthurt whenever someone with barely a scintilla-of-a-post-count dares question their posting wisdom. You have to approach with a bowed head and a submissive, raised anus or you'll be called a "newbie" and told to know your role in the hierarchy. In my opinion, a person's first post is just as valid as someone's 8,398th post.

If you find it interesting that a number of "those" people come out of the woodwork in threads like this, then what could that possibly mean? Do you think it may, just may, have more to it then a "pack mentality"? Maybe a desire to express an opinion with a group of other like-minded individuals without being told to STFU or go back to TGP?

Anyhoo, thanks for your reasoned response. Others could learn a thing or two...

• Members

View Post

My take is that a lot of the Hall of Fame Members here get really, super, duper butthurt whenever someone with barely a scintilla-of-a-post-count dares question their posting wisdom. You have to approach with a bowed head and a submissive, raised anus or you'll be called a "newbie" and told to know your role in the hierarchy. In my opinion, a person's first post is just as valid as someone's 8,398th post.

If you find it interesting that a number of "those" people come out of the woodwork in threads like this, then what does mean to you? Do you think it may, just may, have more to it then a "pack mentality"?

Very tight butthole.

• Members

First:

If you're going to order something online, and you either A) don't like it, or B) Can't afford it, you can send it back. That's the beauty of retail. Now you shouldn't damage it. Me for example, I bought an Orange Rocker 30. Great amp, but after 1 gig it fried. I know I play loud, but seriously, come the {censored} on. So I returned it and all was cool, because I took care of it, and it was a manufacturing issue.

Second:

Don't bitch on guitar forums, {censored}ing talk to the COMPANY. And IF and ONLY IF THEN THEY DO NOT FIX IT (if it's clearly their fault) make a recommendation. Don't go all "I'm never buying ____ again, or shopping from ____ again." Why? Because you sound like a little bitch.

Companies have policies for a reason, and they should adhere to them. Customers have a large choice of products for great prices. Grow up.

If you value customer service THAT much, support small business.

• Members

View Post

If you find it interesting that a number of "those" people come out of the woodwork in threads like this, then what could that possibly mean? Do you think it may, just may, have more to it then a "pack mentality"? Maybe a desire to express an opinion with a group of other like-minded individuals without being told to STFU or go back to TGP?

I'm glad you got that out, it's important to express yourself. However, its equally important not to personalize peoples comments or thoughts.

• Members

View Post

I'm glad you got that out, it's important to express yourself. However, its equally important not to personalize peoples comments or thoughts.

So why ask me why I responded to your comment? I guess I thought your initial post was inviting replies or comments. Sorry if I misinterpreted and should have let it be.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius

View Post

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any good New Year's resolutions? Something other than the usual lose some weight and be more fiscally responsible? Those two are on my list every year, but never seem to get resolved. biggrin.gif

I was doing good on my weight the last half of this year, dropped 26 pounds biggrin.gif The scale now says that the holidays have put pounds on me like a pregnant lady chewing salt tabs like skittles. But it's mostly that I've been taking time off from work, so I graze, drink, graze drink, drink, drink, graze, drink, sleep coffee nudge. wink.gif

So my NY's reso is simply to get back on track with weight loss (I have pretty severe hypertension and have been on 3 to 4 meds for it) and NO MORE F'N GUITARS!!!! Or amps mad.gif

But no NGDs or NADs was my 2012 Reso and I didn't succeed very well at all facepalm.gif I only succeeded in doing less than the previous 2 years. But truly, I'm at maximum density. Anymore and I'll be renting storage or keeping them in the garage. freak.gif

But yeah, I got down from 226 to 199.x before I blew it. Goal is 180. I'm just a hair over 6', but with a fairly slim build, so I've got no good reason to be over 180. I'm also now just very borderline diabetic, so it would be wise for me to work on some of these resolutions, whether they are NY's reso's or just good sense.

But I'm starting to feel like the metaphor from the Mark Twain dialogue, "She was like a shipping sink with no cargo left to throw over board".

Sometimes you feel like, what's the point, live like you want, it's your one life. But I did lose a co-worker this year of 27 years. cry.gif He was just 62, about 300 pounds and limited mobility. I think it was a massive stroke that got him, but despite his weight and mobility, there were times I thought he had more energy on tap than I did.

So of course we'll be going back to the gym too. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

I was doing good on my weight the last half of this year, dropped 26 pounds biggrin.gif The scale now says that the holidays have put pounds on me like a pregnant lady chewing salt tabs like skittles. But it's mostly that I've been taking time off from work, so I graze, drink, graze drink, drink, drink, graze, drink, sleep coffee nudge. wink.gif

So my NY's reso is simply to get back on track with weight loss (I have pretty severe hypertension and have been on 3 to 4 meds for it) and NO MORE F'N GUITARS!!!! Or amps mad.gif

But no NGDs or NADs was my 2012 Reso and I didn't succeed very well at all facepalm.gif I only succeeded in doing less than the previous 2 years. But truly, I'm at maximum density. Anymore and I'll be renting storage or keeping them in the garage. freak.gif

But yeah, I got down from 226 to 199.x before I blew it. Goal is 180. I'm just a hair over 6', but with a fairly slim build, so I've got no good reason to be over 180. I'm also now just very borderline diabetic, so it would be wise for me to work on some of these resolutions, whether they are NY's reso's or just good sense.

But I'm starting to feel like the metaphor from the Mark Twain dialogue, "She was like a shipping sink with no cargo left to throw over board".

Sometimes you feel like, what's the point, live like you want, it's your one life. But I did lose a co-worker this year of 27 years. cry.gif He was just 62, about 300 pounds and limited mobility. I think it was a massive stroke that got him, but despite his weight and mobility, there were times I thought he had more energy on tap than I did.

So of course we'll be going back to the gym too. icon_lol.gif

Hypertension is no doubt a killer. My PB isn't quite high enough to go on meds yet in spite of my being overweight. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't try. Sounds like losing your coworker was a big wake up call.

About that no new gear for 2012 thing .. you're not the only one who massively failed in that respect. facepalm.gifbiggrin.gif I had set a goal of buying 1 nice guitar per year and now I'm already into 2015's budget.

• Members

This thread has taken a turn on the prior page that reminds me of an incident from years

ago on this forum. Does anyone recall the kid who was buying guitars at GC and switching

the name brand pickups out for generics, then returning the guitar?

And then a member, I think it was Smurfco, tracked the guy down via his avatar and called

the appropriate GC and tipped them off. I think the guy got arrested or close to being

arrested.

That thread went on for days and was some of the best reading ever.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius

View Post

Hypertension is no doubt a killer. My PB isn't quite high enough to go on meds yet in spite of my being overweight. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't try. Sounds like losing your coworker was a big wake up call.

About that no new gear for 2012 thing .. you're not the only one who massively failed in that respect. facepalm.gifbiggrin.gif I had set a goal of buying 1 nice guitar per year and now I'm already into 2015's budget.

I'm quitting smoking...pretty much got a jump start and I'm down to 1 or 2 a day...at least I'm keeping those secret and I'm in a healthy state of denial.

I also have a gear acquisition plan...I think I might marry a M123/MF girl so I can get access to the employee discount and then come on HCEG and gloat about it biggrin.gif

Archived