SOT: Anybody feel annoyed by entitled online shoppers?

honeyiscool

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

So I am a spoiled brat because Sweetwater and Vox did not honor a deal that was advertised and in writing? What is wrong with expecting Vox and Sweetwater to honor an advertised deal?

Yes $249 was good price. But you know what? I would not have bought it for $249. I bought it because of the rebate. So Sweetwater fails to inform customers that they took the rebate on behalf of the customer, and knowingly let customers continue purchase these heads under the assumption they were getting a rebate. And when Vox (who is also at fault for not listing the exclusions) denies the rebate 8 weeks later- I get screwed. I can't return the head because it's past the 30 days.

If you enjoy getting mislead and $100 is nothing to you, then send me the $100. But that's a lot of money in my house. I expect to get what was promised in an advertisement and on the document Vox provided. That is not "entitlement" in the context you are using.

Yeah, you sort of are.

• Members

View Post

So I am a spoiled brat because Sweetwater and Vox did not honor a deal that was advertised and in writing? What is wrong with expecting Vox and Sweetwater to honor an advertised deal?

Yes $249 was good price. But you know what? I would not have bought it for $249. I bought it because of the rebate. So Sweetwater fails to inform customers that they took the rebate on behalf of the customer, and knowingly let customers continue purchase these heads under the assumption they were getting a rebate. And when Vox (who is also at fault for not listing the exclusions) denies the rebate 8 weeks later- I get screwed. I can't return the head because it's past the 30 days.

If you enjoy getting mislead and $100 is nothing to you, then send me the $100. But that's a lot of money in my house. I expect to get what was promised in an advertisement and on the document Vox provided. That is not "entitlement" in the context you are using.

There are some valid points here...I looked up the rebate on Vox's site and it still doesn't list exclusions.

Additionally, I'm assuming that Sweetwater purchased the amps from Korg for whatever the going wholesale rate is...in short, Korg has already seen every penny out of them that they're going to see. The rebate isn't coming from Sweetwater, it's coming from Korg, so in essence, they've mislead a bunch of people into buying their stuff who might not have otherwise bought it.

$100 is quite a big deal to a lot of people...and a small price to pay for a manufacturer to honor their own word and maintain a good reputation...

• Members

View Post

How is this the fault of Sweetwater?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge

View Post

How is this the fault of Sweetwater?

I really don't understand how a retailer can redeem the rebate on the end-purchaser's behalf. Having said that, the form on the vox / Korg USA wabsite essentially says you cannot stack manufacturer sponsored rebates. Interestingly enough the form on the Sweetwater site is different from the form on the Vox / Korg USA site. Compare the provisions at the bottom of the forms. And looking at the resolution / quality of the SW pdf, it appears to have been altered. Something is screwy here...

Korg:

http://www.kmvmusic.com/Promotions/V...ll_Rebates.pdf

SW:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/pdf/...es2_121231.pdf

FWIW, I have not bought any new Vox product in about 2 years. And I have recently made my first-ever purchase from Sweetwater; a dozen picks and a case humidifier. Total purchase was

• Members

Because reps were telling customers that the rebate would be good. 2. Then when the orders started coming in- they had employee meetings in regards to this rebate, essentially saying the rebate would not be good. They changed the rules in the middle of them game. Yet they continued to leave the NT up until it sold out (for two weeks), with NO DISCLOSURE that they were taking the manufacturer's rebate off the price. Musiciansfriend disclosed it, but guess what? Their price was higher than Sweetwater. It's obvious as night and day that Sweetwater worked out a deal with Korg to take the rebate, and refused to disclose that to the customer so that they were the lowest price in the online search. "Instant savings" is not the same as a manufacturer's rebate. Sweetwater knew exactly what they were doing, baiting the customer with a lower price to get them away from competitors who were not taking the rebate upfront.

Sweetwater glorifies themselves as a honest "consumer first" company, and this was not handled in that manner. And I have been buying from them for over 10 years. I actually blame Korg and Sweetwater. There was obviously some collusion going on - and the rules were changed in the middle of the game with both parties agreeing to it. But Sweetwater is the dealer, so I will be going to them first. All I want is them to take the amp back if the rebate is denied. I like it, but not for $249. I think it's fair to waive the return policy limit in this situation. Or if one of you guys knocking me think it was such a steal, buy it off me for the same price. It's minty as minty can be.

• Members

View Post

Yes $249 was good price. But you know what? I would not have bought it for $249. I bought it because of the rebate.

FWIW, this sounds reasonable to me.

"I'M NEVER BUYING A VOX PRODUCT AGAIN" is exactly what I'd be saying in this situation, and if some VOX fanboy wants to call me names because of that I'd not be too worried.

• Members

I find topics about being annoyed by annoyed people to be a little annoying.

confused.gif

{censored}, look what you just made me do.

icon_lol.gif

I do agree a bit, however, that when people go on and on about a company's misprint, and thinking that they should be contractually held to honor a misprint is flawed thinking. It's not a "meeting of the minds" so no contractual relationship exits. That said, however, I do think that Sweetwater should offer free return shipping if people feel burned by the ordeal. I know that if I didn't already have a Vox Night Train, I would have jumped on that train and then I would have been annoyed too. Even with free shipping, I'd be out the time and gas to bring the thing to the a mailing center. So maybe toss in a "coopin" off of future purchases (like ten bucks or so) for good customer relations.

What I found annoying was this:

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

At least the people that are well off like myself voted for Mitt Mitt Mitt

As for the low income and folks that don't pay taxes and want a hand out voted for Obama.

Yeaaaa baby wait by that mailbox waiting for yeaaaaa monthly check..........JT

Obviously getting your demographics from FOX and I somehow doubt that this author is in the demographics that would have truly benefited in the long run from another round of trickle down economics.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

There's been a lot of this stuff going on recently, and it's annoying the @#!*% out of me. So I felt like venting.

First off, I completely understand if you like money. I like money, too. But what's with the rash of grown adults feeling like they're entitled to buy something at some insane price and then feeling personally betrayed because they couldn't do so? I mean, seriously, really? Talk about sounding like a spoiled brat on Christmas.

I guess I hardly ever haggle because I feel like I don't necessarily deserve money more than other people do, and it's good customers like me that give these entitled brats the margin they're working with...

But really, people who @#!*% about someone not honoring a 180% price match on a typo on somebody's website... I'm sorry, but that's a @#!*% move. You're allowed to be upset, but only 13 year olds are allowed to feel actually upset over something like that for more than 30 minutes. If I ran a retailer and someone called me feeling entitled to such a deal, I would just laugh them off the phone. Unfortunately, I don't run retailers but I mean, @#!*% , people bend over backwards to even talk to these hagglers in the first place, please don't feel entitled.

I didn't see anyone here @#!*% about it, so I can name this specific deal but Sweetwater was closing out the Vox Night Train heads for $249 a pop. These things were going for $400+ new everywhere, and Vox had a $100 rebate going. So naturally, they didn't honor the rebates for those who bought it for $249, and now there are buyers saying @#!*% like, "I'M NEVER BUYING A VOX PRODUCT AGAIN," ignoring that in the big picture, they bought a @#!*% Night Train for $249, which is a @#!*% good deal, and in what universe is a new Night Train worth $149, anyway? That's cheaper than a new Lil Night Train. Anyway, @#!*% entitled brats. Hate people like that.

Sorry, had to vent.

So, do you have an opinion on this?smile.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifsmile.gif

• Members

I tend to try and not let things bother me that I have no control over. I go to the grocery store and watch customers haggle over a coupon for $0.25 off. Or the guy that rides the same bus every day and just never knows how much the fare is and puts in a lesser amount and walks off. Then proceeds to act oblivious to the fact that the fare is more than what he paid when the driver demands he pay the full fare. I don't get it. Maybe there is a reason for it? Maybe they need that $0.25 for something? Either way, I don't care. Also, if you don't like the way a place does business, don't go back there and your problem is solved. You don't like that people complain? Don't read those threads or ignore those users.

Whenever I get aggravated about something I have control over, I have to make peace with myself by realizing that their are injustices that happen all over the world every day. These little things we complain about or get wrapped up in are just that, little. It doesn't mean you can't be human but why let somebody else or something else bring you down?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SrMeowMeow

View Post

So, we're agreed, right? It's legitimate to be mad if a company posts a deal, however good, and then doesn't honor it. It's not legitimate to be mad if you're trying to take advantage of loopholes, glitches, etc.

Isn't that the answer?

Yeah and something about Obama, government handouts, not paying taxes and Mitt Mitt Mitt.....jt

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

I find topics about being annoyed by annoyed people to be a little annoying.

confused.gif

{censored}, look what you just made me do.

icon_lol.gif

I do agree a bit, however, that when people go on and on about a company's misprint, and thinking that they should be contractually held to honor a misprint is flawed thinking. It's not a "meeting of the minds" so no contractual relationship exits. That said, however, I do think that Sweetwater should offer free return shipping if people feel burned by the ordeal. I know that if I didn't already have a Vox Night Train, I would have jumped on that train and then I would have been annoyed too. Even with free shipping, I'd be out the time and gas to bring the thing to the a mailing center. So maybe toss in a "coopin" off of future purchases (like ten bucks or so) for good customer relations.

There was no misprint in this situation. Korg launched a manufacturer's rebate program on their website. It was good on any of the vox items listed. As long as you ordered from an authorized dealer, it did not matter what you paid for it. Vox reps on their forums confirmed this.

What likely happened is that Korg struck up a separate deal with their mega dealers AFTER the launch. Perhaps to move more product - who knows. This would explain why the rebate forms changed 2-3 times. In my case, I ordered a Lil Night Train from MF. It was backordered, but I still had the rebate form from Korg. Then I saw that Sweetwater had the NT15 for $250, so I cancelled the MF order. I could not find anything in writing on Sweetwater or Korg's site stating that this was not eligible. So I bought it.

So this was not a bunch of sharks feeding on a misprint, this was Vox and their dealers changing the rules and piss poor management. All Korg should have done was leave the rebate program alone, and leave the terms as stated on the launch date. A simple rebate program turned into a cluster f***

• Members

View Post

Sweetwater glorifies themselves as a honest "consumer first" company, and this was not handled in that manner. And I have been buying from them for over 10 years. I actually blame Korg and Sweetwater. There was obviously some collusion going on - and the rules were changed in the middle of the game with both parties agreeing to it. But Sweetwater is the dealer, so I will be going to them first. All I want is them to take the amp back if the rebate is denied. I like it, but not for $249. I think it's fair to waive the return policy limit in this situation. Or if one of you guys knocking me think it was such a steal, buy it off me for the same price. It's minty as minty can be.

Sweetwater is the best company I've dealt with online. I've not heard their side of the story. Perhaps, Sweetwater screwed up. Even good companies do make mistakes sometimes.

I hope customers end up with a solution they can accept. But, I have to say, a $100 off, mail-in coupon on a deep discounted item selling for $249 sounds too good to be true. When a deal seems to good to be true, I always see a red flag. I would have called my Sweetwater sales rep for clarification.

I made it a rule never to make a 'mail in coupon refund' the deciding factor for any purchase. If a deal is already a good one, I'll consider a mail-in the icing on the cake. Why? I've been burned by mail-ins before.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge

View Post

Sweetwater is the best company I've dealt with online. I've not heard their side of the story. Perhaps, Sweetwater screwed up. Even good companies do make mistakes sometimes.

I hope customers end up with a solution they can accept. But, I have to say, a $100 off, mail-in coupon on a deep discounted item selling for $249 sounds too good to be true. When a deal seems to good to be true, I always see a red flag. I would have called my Sweetwater sales rep for clarification.

I made it a rule never to make a 'mail in coupon refund' the deciding factor for any purchase. If a deal is already a good one, I'll consider a mail-in the icing on the cake. Why? I've been burned by mail-ins before.

A lot of people did call sweetwater, and they said the rebate is valid and it will apply making the amp 150 after the mail in rebate.

I would like my rebate, and I wish Korg and Sweetwater would've clarified this up front.

But, I'm not gonna call and make a fuss.

I'm pretty content at 250, I think it should fetch about 250 used if someone wants to just wash their hands of this fiasco and be done with it.

Korg and Sweetwater must've miscommunicated about this.

• Members

I'm more annoyed by those who abuse liberal return policies and make uninformed, uneducated online purchases knowing they can just send it back if they don't like it.

So Johnny Swingin' Dick #1 orders an $800 guitar he has no idea he's really going to like (or maybe really shouldn't even be spending money on). He boogers it up for a week or so, decides he doesn't like it, or realizes he can't afford rent now, and sends it back for a refund.

Now Johnny Swingin' Dick #2 orders the same item, pays full price, gets it and finds Johnny Swingin' Dick's boogers on the back of the headstock, and insists on having $300 knocked off the price, and expects the retailer to eat it (the $300, not the boogers).

Oh well, I guess if retailers are stupid enough to put up with it, they only have themselves to blame.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

But what's with the rash of grown adults feeling like they're entitled to buy something at some insane price and then feeling personally betrayed because they couldn't do so? I mean, seriously, really? Talk about sounding like a spoiled brat on Christmas.

You assume the people bitching are grown adults. :-D

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf

View Post

I'm more annoyed by those who abuse liberal return policies and make uninformed, uneducated online purchases knowing they can just send it back if they don't like it.

So Johnny Swingin' Dick #1 orders an $800 guitar he has no idea he's really going to like (or maybe really shouldn't even be spending money on). He boogers it up for a week or so, decides he doesn't like it, or realizes he can't afford rent now, and sends it back for a refund.

Now Johnny Swingin' Dick #2 orders the same item, pays full price, gets it and finds Johnny Swingin' Dick's boogers on the back of the headstock, and insists on having $300 knocked off the price, and expects the retailer to eat it (the $300, not the boogers).

Oh well, I guess if retailers are stupid enough to put up with it, they only have themselves to blame.

I don't know about other retailers, but when Johnny Swingin' Dick #1 sends a guitar back to MF/m123, it gets listed as 'used' and is discounted at least 13%. So if Johnny Swingin' Dick #2 shops there, he will automatically get his discount anyway, so you don't have to worry about him.

• Members

There sure are some peeps around here that get their panties all tied in a knot over stuff that isn't any of there {censored}in business. If the OP doesn't like it because someone else is complaining about a merchant playing games and breaking promises, he/she/it can go {censored} a duck. Its that simple.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

I don't know about other retailers, but when Johnny Swingin' Dick #1 sends a guitar back to MF/m123, it gets listed as 'used' and is discounted at least 13%. So if Johnny Swingin' Dick #2 shops there, he will automatically get his discount anyway, so you don't have to worry about him.

And that's my point. That's 13% of potential retailer profit that just evaporates. And guess what, we all make up that lost 13%.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf

View Post

And that's my point. That's 13% of potential retailer profit that just evaporates. And guess what, we all make up that lost 13%.

Sounded a lot more like your point was that SDJ #2 was going to pay full price for a used guitar and demand 37.5% off. Must have misread something somewhere...

• Members

Can't help but notice most of the people who are tearing into HIC and others and making it personal have like 300 posts but have been here for a few years. I guess you guys only come out of the woodwork for hyena feeding time at the zoo. You all have little to nothing of value to contribute here pertaining to guitars. You just lurk here to ambush for your petty amusements.

Oh and I only partly agree with the OP but I'm not going to {censored} on him over a difference of opinion.

A bunch of {censored}ing animals, you are.

Archived