SOT: Anybody feel annoyed by entitled online shoppers?

honeyiscool

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Grantus View Post
Almost as good as the Frets entitled to cheap gear pix. En fuego.

Wait, if I say something in Spanish, will I be accused of being a freeloading illegal alien?
No unless you actually are here and "undocumented". That {censored} is just wrong.
How are the Vox deals in Mexico? Are Mexicans entitled to cheap gear too or just to US entitlement programs? smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

Since you are from Calif,maybe you should be forced to give 10%-20% of your weekly pay too Charity.

You have a lot too say that makes NO SENSE........JT

Maybe you agree with him, maybe you don't, but the message and point were absolutely clear. If that made no sense to you then you are just completely illtr... Eletort..... Illiduhrteet.... Ill.... Uh, .....p?......... Q?

You are just really stupid.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

But really, people who bitch about someone not honoring a 180% price match on a typo on somebody's website... I'm sorry, but that's a bitch move. You're allowed to be upset, but only 13 year olds are allowed to feel actually upset over something like that for more than 30 minutes. If I ran a retailer and someone called me feeling entitled to such a deal, I would just laugh them off the phone. Unfortunately, I don't run retailers but I mean, {censored}, people bend over backwards to even talk to these hagglers in the first place, please don't feel entitled.

I didn't see anyone here bitch about it, so I can name this specific deal but Sweetwater was closing out the Vox Night Train heads for $249 a pop. These things were going for $400+ new everywhere, and Vox had a $100 rebate going. So naturally, they didn't honor the rebates for those who bought it for $249, and now there are buyers saying {censored} like, "I'M NEVER BUYING A VOX PRODUCT AGAIN," ignoring that in the big picture, they bought a {censored}ing Night Train for $249, which is a {censored}ing good deal, and in what universe is a new Night Train worth $149, anyway? That's cheaper than a new Lil Night Train. Anyway, {censored}ing entitled brats. Hate people like that.

Sorry, had to vent.

I think you picked a really bad example. In the night train debacle, there was no haggling; people just want Vox and/or Sweetwater to live up to their end of the deal. I bought the NT from Sweetwater and downloaded the rebate from their website; there was no exclusion for instant rebates. I would not have bought the amp at a final price of $250; its that simple. If Vox doesn't honor the terms of the rebate, I expect to be able to return it. I don't think that's unreasonable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Presc

View Post

At times it does appear that HCEG is a coupon clipping forum rather than a guitar equipment forum...

Didn't you get the memo? The HCEG method of evaluating gear is no longer about how gear sounds; it's about how cheap you got it for and how light it is.

• Members

Expecting a store to honor their policy is one thing. Expecting them to match prices based on mistakes, malfunctioning codes, etc., or the 'you made this mistake for person x, so you should make the same mistake for me' types are just a bit sad in my book.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

Expecting a store to honor their policy is one thing. Expecting them to match prices based on mistakes, malfunctioning codes, etc., or the 'you made this mistake for person x, so you should make the same mistake for me' types are just a bit sad in my book.

+1

And xenophobia is an ugly thing. Especially when the target of that xenophobia speaks better English than the xenophobe(although, in that case, it sort of becomes a funny thing) biggrin.gif

• Members

I've been surprised at some people who have mentioned going to a mom & pop store expecting them to price match or just give a better price, then when the store declines the customer takes it personally. Like it is belittling or a verbal assault. Sometimes stores just can't go any lower on price for whatever reasons. It is what it is and no need for anybody to get offended.

• Members

I agree the price match dudes are a little out of control, but in the end I'd bet retailers are happy to have anyone willing to put money into the system. Most of the crap they're selling is shipped over from China, made by poorly-compensated laborers and sold cheap due to currency manipulation, so it's profitable at almost any price.

In the example of the VOX Night Train I'd say those buyers are not being unreasonable. It clearly stated on the website that there was a $100 VOX rebate as far as I can recall. Those buyers are entitled to that rebate. Many of them would not have made the deal otherwise.

Mail in rebates have always been a scam.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chad

View Post

I've been surprised at some people who have mentioned going to a mom & pop store expecting them to price match or just give a better price, then when the store declines the customer takes it personally. Like it is belittling or a verbal assault. Sometimes stores just can't go any lower on price for whatever reasons. It is what it is and no need for anybody to get offended.

I think mom & pop stores can do better than they let on. I've got a local store that marks everything at MSRP, and the occasional item marked 'on sale' at MAP, but every time I've asked them for the best price they can do on an item, they usually come back with something 10-20% lower than the usual online 'discount' prices.

• Members

Some people do take it to extremes but sometimes retailers try to weasel out of honoring their own policies. That's what really pisses people off. As for the Vox rebate, I did not order one but if Vox had a rebate offer on any new purchase of a Night Train and then tried to weasel out of it by claiming after the fact that the rebate only applied if you paid over X amount for it, I'd be downright pissed. Unless the rebate said "Rebate only applies if you pay more than $400 for the amp", trying to weasel out of it later by claiming "well, you got a good price on it as it is so we're not going to honor the rebate" is a crock of {censored}.

• Members

I have never failed to collect on a mail in rebate. Perhaps I'm lucky. But I think attention to detail (following the instructions word for word, keeping copies of everything, keeping tabs on ETA, etc.) is absolutely key.

• Members

View Post

I think mom & pop stores can do better than they let on. I've got a local store that marks everything at MSRP, and the occasional item marked 'on sale' at MAP, but every time I've asked them for the best price they can do on an item, they usually come back with something 10-20% lower than the usual online 'discount' prices.

I work in a mom & pop retail store (not musical instruments). Margins are all over the place depending on vendor, product line, and so forth. Some margins are truly terrible. Like 10% plus the store has to pay shipping to get the product to the store, so it can end up almost a break even (sometimes even a loss), but we carry the stuff in order to keep a well rounded product line. Other stuff there is a lot more room to play.

As far as negotiating a better price, the store has already stated their price to begin with. In my opinion, if a consumer is really serious about buying and getting a better deal, then the ball is in their court to make an offer. So that's what I say, "you've seen our price and are welcome to make an offer and we'll see what we can do."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow

View Post

Maybe you agree with him, maybe you don't, but the message and point were absolutely clear. If that made no sense to you then you are just completely illtr... Eletort..... Illiduhrteet.... Ill.... Uh, .....p?......... Q?

You are just really stupid.

+1 lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

So you are Illiegal living in this great country to sponge off of the welfare rolls.............JT

Montauk....Man, I do love me some Walt Whitman

I stand as on some mighty eagle's beak,

Eastward the sea absorbing, viewing, (nothing but sea and sky,)

The tossing waves, the foam, the ships in the distance,

The wild unrest, the snowy, curling caps--that inbound urge and urge

of waves,

Seeking the shores forever.

• Members

I don't understand why this thread exists.

The people who TS is talking about aren't hurting anyone on this forum as a result of their actions, so why even have an opinion on their actions? The adult thing to do is just to ignore posts that you find annoying.

I don't understand why someone feels so self important that they have to make an entire thread about things they find annoying. I'm so confused by it that I've been forced to break my own rules by commenting on this topic.

• Members

View Post

This.

OP you are free to feel the way you do and if not haggling for gear is your SOP then great. But don't belittle those of us that do haggle. Retailers are setup to try and maximize profit with pricing. You by not haggling help maintain pricing, but may not be enough to sustain it. Coupons, sales, deals, etc these are all enticements to maintain item pricing at the maximum profit level. If either of those two channels aren't working then the item is priced to high.

I for one haggle when I feell it is needed, and pay straight up when I feel it is a great deal. With retailers it sometimes seems to be the former more often that not.

Here is my Pet Peeve:

Why is every weekend the biggest sale event of the year at guitar center?

• Members

So I am a spoiled brat because Sweetwater and Vox did not honor a deal that was advertised and in writing? What is wrong with expecting Vox and Sweetwater to honor an advertised deal?

Yes $249 was good price. But you know what? I would not have bought it for $249. I bought it because of the rebate. So Sweetwater fails to inform customers that they took the rebate on behalf of the customer, and knowingly let customers continue purchase these heads under the assumption they were getting a rebate. And when Vox (who is also at fault for not listing the exclusions) denies the rebate 8 weeks later- I get screwed. I can't return the head because it's past the 30 days.

If you enjoy getting mislead and $100 is nothing to you, then send me the $100. But that's a lot of money in my house. I expect to get what was promised in an advertisement and on the document Vox provided. That is not "entitlement" in the context you are using.

Archived