What happened to these forums, it's like a ghost town in here.

EmgEsp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i live inbetween an average size town and an average size city there is one guitar shop in each, that`s a total of 2 shops ,i think the number of people who visit here is probs on the same ratio as who visit the 2 guitar shops and not all them will be buying anything , to get more visitors maybe it should change it`s name to the corner shop forum .

• Members

Dropping in to say hi. Haven't been around in a long time. I used to be a regular between 2006 and early 2013, when the 2.0 rollout cut the heart out of this place. Man, I miss those times before 2.0. This joint was jumpin'. I was spending hours of my work day, every day, here and on Guitar Jam. Obsessing about guitars, buying guitars I didn't need, dreaming about . . . guitars, and amps, and pedals.

Time to hit Post Reply and remember what my avatar looks like, haha. Cheers, everyone.

• Members

The redesigns made things frustrating to the point of wanting to quit. That and some real life challenges made it a tough place for me to spend time. The few times I have checked back, it has been so dead that it didn't seem worthwhile. I hope everyone is doing okay.

• Members
They did some software updates over the weekend' date=' and they're working on the gray forum list and threads now. Sorry for the inconvenience - they should hopefully have it fixed soon.[/quote']

I like certainties.

Like the sun will rise in the morning, Harmony Central will botch up any software upgrade they can. Particularly ironic to post this in this very thread.

Nothing that pointed at you directly Phil, please don't take offence (doubt you would), just taking note. :D

I like certainties.

Like the sun will rise in the morning, Harmony Central will botch up any software upgrade they can. Particularly ironic to post this in this very thread.

Nothing that pointed at you directly Phil, please don't take offence (doubt you would), just taking note. :D

No offense taken. :) And in light of some of the software issues we've had (especially with previous IT and forum software providers) it's totally understandable that you might feel that way. But it's easier for me to be in a positive mood now that they've not only finished the updates (which included migration to brand new servers) but repaired the inevitable bugs that came along with it...

In my personal (and ever so humble :0:lol: ) opinion, Nucleus is considerably more competent than some of the previous people / companies who have held that same responsibility here in the past... :)

• Members

In my personal (and ever so humble :0:lol: ) opinion, Nucleus is considerably more competent than some of the previous people / companies who have held that same responsibility here in the past... :)

How many IT companies was that anyway?

I gave up for many, MANY years even trying to log on, but things do seem more stable now, but not as straightforward as the old days...

It's really a shame, because HC was at one time a fantastic community (especially 1999-2004), but alas nothing great lasts forever without constant leadership, in this case ownership, and healthy vision.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32083539[/ATTACH]

There has been at least four different site owners that I'm aware of, and probably close to twice that number of people / companies responsible for handling the site's IT needs over the years. Outside of Scott L. (the site's founder) and whomever he had taking care of those things, I've been here for all of them.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Slightly off-topic, but I know my number of post count is way higher than what it says. I remember there was a glitch years ago that messed everyone's post count, but I thought they fixed it. I mean it doesn't mean much, but it looks like I was rarely active for someone who became a member in 2002.

Archived