Most memorable guitar solo by a hired gun?

stormin1155

• Members

[video=youtube;mqI81Xa2mFk]

Duane Allman on Boz Scaggs' "Somebody Loan Me a Dime". He played on most of that album, as I recall. I thought "Hmm this guy can play... keep eye open for more stuff". It was a few months before first Allman Bros album came out. This is just solo section (no disrespect to Boz intended). Seems to be just hitting stride when they fade. Ry Cooder done so much amazing stuff... where to start?

• Members
[video=youtube;mqI81Xa2mFk]
Duane Allman on Boz Scaggs' "Somebody Loan Me a Dime". He played on most of that album' date=' as I recall. I thought "Hmm this guy can play... keep eye open for more stuff". It was a few months before first Allman Bros album came out. This is just solo section (no disrespect to Boz intended). Seems to be just hitting stride when they fade. Ry Cooder done so much amazing stuff... where to start?[/quote']

I'll add Duane's playing on Wilson Pickett's Hey Jude to the list.

• Members

does slash in lenny kravitz mama said count?

or slash in the mj song?

not that i'm a big sash fan, but this comes to my mind, but is it really a hired gun or did they contribute to each song in the creative process together?

• Members

Randy Rhoads work with Ozzy's : Blizard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman.

Steve Vai's work with David Lee Roth, especially Eat'em n Smile and with White Snake,.

Steve Hunter's work with Alice Cooper's , Welcome To My Nightmare.

Duane Allman's work on Derek and the Dominoes.

David Lindley's / Albert Lee's work with Jackson Brown.

Archived