why have you never posted your playing on this forum?

mistersully

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because useless worthless untalented and untechnical bags of shiate who steel will? I throw away hit material everyday of the week, not even bothering to record or share with anyone, rather than be ripped off and accredited by some other aforementioned vermin, they are countless on this sight. These are the same vermin that bait you with malware and viruses IN THEIR POSTS AND LINKS and the like and are more numerous than I can name...get real about your deal: put it on record, copywrite protect any and everything before publishing or performing it, you will be really exploited if you dont.

It's called business 101, and it isn't fun.

• Members

You mentioned that it was a on-take, so I listened accordingly. Most one takes will have the occasional timing issue. Click tracks are about the only way to prevent them entirely. Overall, good recording, and clean guitar.

On my link - serpent of cruelty, butchered sanity, and retaliation are all one takes. The retaliations final edit is a produced studio recording.

• Members

A friend of mine at a radio station in Chicago played this one on his show. He has a weekend slot where he does music and interviews with new musicians. He asked me for a Jimmy Buffet type song so I sent him a few. He chose this original because it fits the Genre. There's an introduction where he talks about it a bit. He uses another one of my tunes in his bumper rotation.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Broadcast.mp3

• Members

I've always given my music away for free, and some of it is so bad that I don't really think anyone would plagiarize it. I actually heard a track in a BBC documentary on Japan that sounded eerily similar to a track I'd released several years beforehand, but I compared the two and also realized barely anyone heard that song to begin with. Had it been a case where someone used my music without my permission, I guess I wouldn't have done anything about it. It wouldn't really bother me. Modern music is becoming free range for anyone, really. I don't support plagiarism by any means, but the whole reason I don't charge for my music is because I've always supported free distribution of music.

• Members

Yeah, I know the process of Copywrite, Clik & Copywrite.com is what I've used in the past, never really trying to validate if they are legit or not, even after receiving mine, I suppose I could try searching the Master Copywrite registry in DC....and indeed I will validate their authenticity before I register further works, but my cautionary tale was for those that KNOW they are ON TO SOMETHING, WITHOUT RESORTING TO TRADITIONAL OR MECHANICAL MEANS of composition, {read, cover tunes, traditional band arrangements, etc...} with something unheard, inventive, original and highly valuable,

really NEW stufff that people would pay to get their ears on. Without sounding like I'm suffering from megalegomaniaism, and a lack of vision {jism?}, or being a called a fool & a complete tool at the behest of the cool....but I digress...

some of us ARE good enough to realize we may be setting trend or precedent in certain ways, and loud proud & dis-avowed enough to still have enough flight of the bumblebee left in us to actually make it happen.

Furthermore, there is no legal incident or precedent for brain wave manipulation, pyschological triggerring, & auditory implantation AS SUCH as I just experienced,

in a court of law...

and truth though fought,

always in the end prevails.

• Members
Because useless worthless untalented and untechnical bags of shiate who steel will? I throw away hit material everyday of the week, not even bothering to record or share with anyone, rather than be ripped off and accredited by some other aforementioned vermin, they are countless on this sight. These are the same vermin that bait you with malware and viruses IN THEIR POSTS AND LINKS and the like and are more numerous than I can name...get real about your deal: put it on record, copywrite protect any and everything before publishing or performing it, you will be really exploited if you dont.

It's called business 101, and it isn't fun.

Actually if you read the law. Once you record the music its considered as being copy written. Registering the recording with the library congress is simply putting it in a safe trusted place where it can be exhumed by a court at some later date if you ever have the need prove you are the author.

Neither the recording nor the archiving do anything to protect your rights to the material however. Protection comes from the lawyers who fight the case for you and unless that music is very valuable or you have a family member whose a lawyer you probably haven't got the means to protecting your rights to the material. If you did have a case, its best to wait till that song becomes a hit and earning big money, then have the Lawyers settle for a dollar amount.

You could throw in some press coverage and get some name recognition if you wanted too, but you would have to like playing the victim. In my experience you'd probably be better off taking the money and walking away. Record companies (at least in the past) were akin to the mafia when it came to protecting their income streams. If you're wanting to get into the same business you're suing it doesn't enhance your resume.

The only other option you have to registering the music with the US library of congress, is to just stick it in a safe deposit box and forget it. Then you can cure your paranoia and sleep well at night knowing you are unknown, and be assured no one has access to stealing your music. Of course the bank could burn down, so you might want to bury a copy in the back yard. :thu:

• Members

Wow...WKRP does make a great point! Nothing prevents anyone from "stealing". People do it. It's only a matter of if you have the resources to recover damages.

I left some stuff for eminem and Luke Bryan to find- accidentally of course. Once the lawsuit goes through I'm set!

• Members

For me...I do KIND of care. I certainly make music for myself first and foremost. I would also like to think that I can share the art, and make someone happy, or sad, or think or dream. It is one of the greatest gifts- like food or love. And like food or love, some may not care for the taste of it and that's fine with me!

When I play live- there's NOTHING like seeing someone's face light up with their favorite song or a melody or riff that strikes a chord- so to speak. It's like a gift that comes back to you, payment for all the hard work and BS you put into it.

Archived