why have you never posted your playing on this forum?

mistersully

• Members

I know. I wanted to enter a songwriting contest a few years back, knowing nothing about recording and bought a 4 track porta-studio from ZOOM, what a mistake that was. I thought I could just plug the thing into my computer, instead I had to buy some weird mini disc reader which sadly I've now misplaced. Didn't work very well anyway.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i did post some stuff...

but as our band sings mostly in our mother tongue german, its seems ppl here are not really interested in it...

but i can again if some new recording is finished... but i guess this will last for ever :)

• Members

On being ignored, there's that interest factor and that trend lately of never saying suck. Srsly you can goog anything any way way you like it - why would strangers respond to someones spurious albeit humble - or not so humble offering.

• Members
On being ignored, there's that interest factor and that trend lately of never saying suck. Srsly you can goog anything any way way you like it - why would strangers respond to someones spurious albeit humble - or not so humble offering.

It depends on what they're ignoring. Whenever I post my music or playing, it's a crap shoot of whether or not someone will respond or the whole forum will. The same applies when I post on a place like Reddit.

• Members

It depends on what they're ignoring. Whenever I post my music or playing, it's a crap shoot of whether or not someone will respond or the whole forum will. The same applies when I post on a place like Reddit.

I consider your stuff educational and presented in a finished manner. That you choose to share is certainly a community asset.

Not so my stuff. I don't even care what people might think of it. Inasmuch as I only post text and links, i try to make that my contribution.

• Members

On interest, and as bucksstudent stated, its a craps shoot. I play metal and post in a forum that is typically not receptive to metal of any kind, post 1980. I've put stuff up that some responded to and some that no one responded to. I like to throw stuff out there on occasion. If someone's curious about why I'm recommending something or not, they can look into what I'm doing. I've run the gambit musically, played in blues bands as well, but metal is my choice genre.

I have no decent recording gear at the moment, so that has prevented me from doing review clips, guitar only clips, etc.

As far as caring about what others say, it depends for me. I don't hold other players opinions high if they're only throwing off because of the vocals or the genre. Any comments about tone, technicality, sound levels, overall suck factor, however are encouraged.

• Members

There aren't very many visitors to this site any more. I think there's maybe a dozen veterans that still visit the site so those looking for exposure probably wont find it here. I think those that are here will give some helpful critiques if asked.

There used to be allot of people posting mixes over in the recording forum and people would share advice on getting better mixes. That's a little different then judging what the actual musical content is. That forum gets maybe one post a month now? The rest of the forums are about the same. My work computer has no speakers so I'm unable to hear anything posted, otherwise I'd be happy to listen to what others do.

• Members

wELL...here goes. This is me writing lyrics, playings drums guitar and bass..and sadly...singing. As well as recording and such. I did it in one take on the fly as a demo. My band was supposed to re-record it but didn't pick it up go figure :lol:

I can’t seem to move too fast

And my skin is kinda gray

I think some parts are missing

It’s been a real bad day

ZOMBIE WALKIN’!

(short chorus?)

I can’t seem to help it

But I have a taste for flesh

Only human guts and brain

And it makes quite a mess

I don’t think it’s natural

I don’t think it’s right

They seem so horrified

And they put up a fight

Zombie…..walkin

I’m a zombie…walkin’

Zombie…walkin’

Do the zombie walk! (Zombie shuffle?)

If I could help it

I would change what I am

I want to be human

I want my life back

And now the urge is coming

The flesh that I crave

I see you coming

There will be no grave

Chorus

• Members

Sorry knotty...maybe I could send it email?

Thanks Hellion you are way too kind. Playing is loose, drumming sucks, singing don't get me started! Meant to be a private demo! But I think it's a fun song with lots of potential and maybe 2 years too late. Zombie craze ran it's course?

• Members

Indeed knotty 100% agree. That's my drumming. I am barely a guitar player let alone a drummer. I wanted a looser feel than a machine or pattern and I got it...lol. In proper hands might make a real song.

Looking for something else to post be right back!

Archived