Two cats dead in a month and a half

OMTerria

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were protected in MA for a while ( might still be ) but I grew up next to acres of pasture and farmland so Ive had some uncomfortable run ins with the large pack of them here very late at night and otherwise. Problem is their numbers swelled up and you'd run into 50 of the damn things at once.

• Members

They were protected in MA for a while ( might still be ) but I grew up next to acres of pasture and farmland so Ive had some uncomfortable run ins with the large pack of them here very late at night and otherwise. Problem is their numbers swelled up and you'd run into 50 of the damn things at once.

Be very careful around them. Usually the pack is followed by the younger ones(still a threat) nearby in the tree line.

How illegal is it hunt coyotes in summer? I'm not too hip on these things

According to this page, in Georgia, they're considered "non-game animals that can be hunted year-round with few restrictions."

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=677

IOW, check with your state's department of fish & game or whomever it is that sets the hunting regulations. You probably still need to be a licensed hunter.

• Members

Yes. My Parents property abutted Richardson's cow pasture and what might be the last pig farm in MA. The two pastures connect and when I was 11 I walked home at night past a huge pack with my bike. Something told me not to run so they just howled and felt me out. I figured if I acted like a prey animal they'd chase me. Tons of glowing eyes and coyotes moving out into the clearing and back into the trees. They'd also come onto our lawn late at night and howl. They'd pick off sick cows and such too. I've run into smaller groups since and I'm pretty sure theyve been thinned out in recent years.

• Members

Domesticated felines are a non-native species and should not be allowed to roam outside. Cats are a menace to l
, are more
, and generally,
. Killing the coyote for doing what it should be doing, where it should be doing it is crazy..

Truth.

Don't blame the coyotes for your cat's demise. 'Tis your own fault.

And why all you pussies afraid of some coyotes? They don't bother with humans.

• Members

Coyotes are pests, plain and simple. They can do more harm than just their attacks also:

I know right, living in their natural habitat, being encroached on by humans that insist on bigger yards and letting lil' Fido and Kitty run free. Damn those pesky coyotes. Before you try to pigeon-hole me, realize that I grew up in rural KS and my family are ranchers, so I'm not some out-of-touch city-dweller that has no first hand experience in the matter.

• Members

I know right, living in their natural habitat, being encroached on by humans that insist on bigger yards and letting lil' Fido and Kitty run free. Damn those pesky coyotes.
Before you try to pigeon-hole me, realize that I grew up in rural KS and my family are ranchers, so I'm not some out-of-touch city-dweller that has no first hand experience in the matter

I bet that Adana-KC flight must be expensive.

• Members

I bet that Adana-KC flight must be expensive.

Adana > Istanbul > Amsterdam > Chicago > Wichita. Last ticket I bought was $1200 round trip. Not too bad if you plan ahead. I moved from US farm country to Turkish farm country. Combines on the highway and tractors in town. I lol'd the first time I saw a Turk wearing John Deere merchandise, but they are a minority here, New Holland has the market cornered.

• Members

So, how is getting revenge on an animal that killed your friend not just as much a natural behavior of humans as coyotes killing small furry animals?

We're animals living in our natural habitat, too, you know. You think a bear would be like oh boo hoo the coyote is just being its naturally dickish self if one of its children was killed by a coyote? No it'd {censored}ing kill the coyote.

• Members

So, how is getting revenge on an animal that killed your friend not just as much a natural behavior of humans as coyotes killing small furry animals?

We're animals living in our natural habitat, too, you know. You think a bear would be like oh boo hoo the coyote is just being its naturally dickish self if one of its children was killed by a coyote? No it'd {censored}ing kill the coyote.

It seems like you're implying that animals have the capacity to understand "revenge" which they don't.....they merely kill to defend or to eat, not to make themselves feel better.

Archived