Two cats dead in a month and a half

OMTerria

• Members

i guess the later is the case.

No I just learned from reading your replies over time that being in any actual debate or argument with you can not be taken seriously due to my last post. People who are willing to use murder(which it is if you shoot an animal in the head because it MAY be dangerous to your pet)due to fear is a cowardice action. You'd be more inclined to shoot an intruder than to make yourself known that you're armed and let them leave on their own accord or make them get on the ground to await police. That is how you come off.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No I just learned from reading your replies over time that being in any actual debate or argument with you can not be taken seriously due to my last post. People who are willing to use murder(which it is if you shoot an animal in the head because it MAY be dangerous to your pet)due to fear is a cowardice action. You'd be more inclined to shoot an intruder than to make yourself known that you're armed and let them leave on their own accord or make them get on the ground to await police. That is how you come off.

this post like most of yours are a perfect example of what i was referring to. wild, baseless assumptions and claims stated as fact. you think very highly of yourself and are probably the only one who shares your opinion of yourself. i cant imagine actually needing to tell you how you come off.

• Members

To kill things out of fear is very wrong logically. There are far better ways humans could have and still can deal with thiese issues besides slaughtering species that we have a complete hand in destroying their homes in order to create out societies. Your bases of what we do is natural is absurd. Look at cultures that actually live off the land compared to the modern world. The difference between the two is staggering. Look at our history prior to the rise of technology. What you call "natural" is pretty absurd. And there are a lot of unnatural things out there. Why do you think the word exists?
:facepalm:

Example of unnatural, someone sitting at a desk for 8 plus hours a day. Human body is not designed for it. It needs to be moving and active in order to stay healthy. Cases of people dying from sitting too long are very real. Blood clots form and then move to the brain.

You're confusing two issues. "Natural" doesn't mean morally right or good for the longevity of an environment. I'm making the point that what the coyote is doing might be natural but that doesn't mean it's not an asshole for doing it and shouldn't have to pay consequences for its actions. If you piss off a human, its natural inclination is to retaliate. There are consequences for this as well, of course.

I'm not talking about killing out of fear, by the way. I'm talking about revenge for the cat.

• Members

What's wrong with that?

Because you can take a life doesn't mean you should. I have stated many times how I would kill someone for entering my home, but if I could avoid actually having to shoot someone I would. Violence doesn't solve problems.

• Members

yeah, i thought that was great. actually cheered me up a little.

I have great respect for the great apes and a lot of the higher-intelligence species. Bonobos and Gorillas especially as they're actually pretty peaceful. I also find elephants, dolphins, octopus, parrots, and crows fascinating. But I mean, I also have more respect for smarter humans than for dumber ones.

• Members

I have great respect for the great apes and a lot of the higher-intelligence species. Bonobos and Gorillas especially as they're actually pretty peaceful. I also find elephants, dolphins, octopus, parrots, and crows fascinating. But I mean, I also have more respect for smarter humans than for dumber ones.

Weren't you the one who was saying that cows are stupid?

• Members

i dig any animals that can work together to perform a task. squirrels rock like that, too. i have a family of them living behind my house and just watching them gather food is cool.

• Members

Yes. They're pretty dumb.

"According to research, cows are generally very intelligent animals who can remember things for a long time. Animal behaviorists have found that cows interact in socially complex ways, developing friendships over time and sometimes holding grudges against other cows who treat them badly.

These gentle giants mourn the deaths of and even separation from those they love, even shedding tears over their loss. The mother-calf bond is particularly strong, and there are countless reports of mother cows who continue to frantically call and search for their babies after the calves have been taken away and sold to veal or beef farms.

Research has shown that cows clearly understand cause-and-effect relationships—a sure sign of advanced cognitive abilities. For example, cows can learn how to push a lever to operate a drinking fountain when they're thirsty or to press a button with their heads to release grain when they're hungry. Researchers have found that not only can cows figure out problems, they also, like humans, enjoy the intellectual challenge and get excited when they find a solution."

• Members

i dig any animals that can work together to perform a task. squirrels rock like that, too. i have a family of them living behind my house and just watching them gather food is cool.

You must go ape{censored} for ants.

• Members

"According to research, cows are generally very intelligent animals who can remember things for a long time. Animal behaviorists have found that cows interact in socially complex ways, developing friendships over time and sometimes holding grudges against other cows who treat them badly.

These gentle giants mourn the deaths of and even separation from those they love, even shedding tears over their loss. The mother-calf bond is particularly strong, and there are countless reports of mother cows who continue to frantically call and search for their babies after the calves have been taken away and sold to veal or beef farms.

Research has shown that cows clearly understand cause-and-effect relationships—a sure sign of advanced cognitive abilities. For example, cows can learn how to push a lever to operate a drinking fountain when they're thirsty or to press a button with their heads to release grain when they're hungry. Researchers have found that not only can cows figure out problems, they also, like humans, enjoy the intellectual challenge and get excited when they find a solution."

Alright, then I guess I was incorrect about cows. I'll try and stick to eating chickens.

• Members

You guys are really {censored}ing stupid for taking this frustration literally.

1)I don't have any weapon of any sort

2)I'm not a hunter

3)I don't have the time

4)It's not worth it.

But hey it's cool, I suppose the coyotes and wolves are meant to live in urban neighborhoods. I live in a VERY pet friendly area and neighbors and myself have let pets outside for years with no problem. It's not like I'm living in the woods and have the cats out for days at a time.

• Members

We have lots of coyotes in the area.
I can hear them howling across the street almost nightly.

I live on a horse ranch (Boarding stables).
We have several cats on the ranch. Some are tame, many others are feral.
The cats disappear from time to time.

• Members

You guys are really {censored}ing stupid for taking this frustration literally.

1)I don't have any weapon of any sort

2)I'm not a hunter

3)I don't have the time

4)It's not worth it.

But hey it's cool, I suppose the coyotes and wolves are meant to live in urban neighborhoods. I live in a VERY pet friendly area and neighbors and myself have let pets outside for years with no problem. It's not like I'm living in the woods and have the cats out for days at a time.

Before those urban neighborhoods were there, what do you think was there? A void?

Archived