Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMG_2513.jpg

:)

:love: :phil:

Here's mine - I even took a new picture of it:

5edd9397.jpg

It's a '94 Tele Special. Pulled the neck humbucker and stock black pickuard off and replaced them with the tort and a '83 Tele pup I had lying around. The bridge is a Blue Lace Sensor. The volume pot is a push / pull, and wired for phase shifting when both pups are selected (up = out of phase). I also have a Hipshot B Bender for it.

The only change I might consider someday is a new tort guard and something like a Filter'tron in the neck.

• Members
here's my regular '62 Custom. It's my favorite guitar that I've owned. Never thought I would dig the rosewood/alder combo with a Tele, but it's a winner.

S8001676.jpg

I'm trying out TS-style overdrives now with the Ampeg.

Nice!

• Members
here's my regular '62 Custom. It's my favorite guitar that I've owned. Never thought I would dig the rosewood/alder combo with a Tele, but it's a winner.

S8001676.jpg

I'm trying out TS-style overdrives now with the Ampeg.

I've found that my Gemini hates overdrive pedals, but LOVES FUZZ. I've gotta run the SFT into it when I get back to PGH and report back, but the White Light just doesn't do much for it. The Musket on the other hand....holy {censored}dicks.

• Members

Changing out the speaker has made this amp much more interested in being overdriven with a TS-style pedal. Rats still do not work.

You'll have to let us know how the SFT sounds.

But yeah, fuzz: this amp does like my Russian Big Muff, or the Barber Trifecta, and the Spaghetti Western Fuzz (Maestro-ish).

I used to do this on occasion, but I'm having issues with Channel 2 on it.

I've found most ODs just get in the way of Ampegs in general - especially many of the opamp-based pedals. The sole exception I've found so far has been the HBOD, and I always thought it sounded a bit Ampegish to begin with so yeah...

• Members

Anyone like this tele color, the blue agave? I think this was a limited edition, I always thought it looked pretty good, my local dealer said it didn't sell that well, but I think it has kinda of a retro look to it. One for sale here too: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-2004-Agave-Blue-Excellent-/170478677214?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item27b1522cde

• Members

Anyone like this tele color, the blue agave? I think this was a limited edition, I always thought it looked pretty good, my local dealer said it didn't sell that well, but I think it has kinda of a retro look to it. One for sale here too:

Personally I don't really like that at all. I mean, I wouldn't turn it down if someone gave it to me, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.

How much my opinion and personal preference should matter to you, on a scale of 1 to 10: 0.

• Members

if you like it, get it.

i dont really like blue guitars though, at least that kinda blue... i love dark bluebursts though.

Now that you mention it, I had a blue G&L Bluesboy, and the color sort of bothered me after a while. I always gravitate towards white, vintage white/blond butter colors, black, sunburst, and that's about it. My wife says the same thing about the clothes I buy, I tend to buy the same colors all the time. Like white shirts, lol.

• Members

I've been thinking about selling my PRS Singlecut SE for a Epi LP, I just like the more traditional feel of a LP, although the PRS is a lot more comfortable, and plays really well. But I love teles, and I think I'll get another one, instead of a LP.

• Members

having a different guitar like, from a Tele to an LP, is just great.

i actually have an LP and am going to buy a Tele next :D

but i recommend getting the LP, as the sonic range you'll be able to cover will be just huge with only those two. Epiphone LP's i recommend the EB Custom/Black Beauty and to swap the pickups for your favorites. or get a used Gibson LP Studio and change the pickups as well.

Archived