Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Members

Well me and my family used to live in the same neighborhood as this guy and his family, we were all friends. So we got to know what he liked. He said he loved building guitars, not playing them, just building them. So we moved away, hadn't talked to him for a while, and when we come back he had about two or three guitars he had built and one he was building for his son.

I start to play this tele through his silverface Fender Champ and it sounds so good. I couldn't stop playing it. I talk to him about buying it, he says I could have it for however much he put into it. He lets me take it home to play it and see if I want it. Little did I know, he had worked something out with my father to let me have it for free, and they could barter for it since my father is an artist.

Great day for me to say the least.
Plays like a champ, action is great, stays in tune, everything I could ask for.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very nice indeed. :phil:

Is that a pre-finished (from Warmoth) body, or did Rob do the paint too?

Thanks Phil!! Both neck and body were pre-finished by Warmoth. But one day I'd love to have Rob build me one of his killer natural finished Strats or Teles, with an Allparts Fat neck. :love: I miss being able to go to his place when I was living in NJ, such a great guy, and he always had various sweet amps and guits around every time I went.

Archived