Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the most recent pic of my bastard thinline.

Photo5-1.jpg

I took the Bigsby off a couple weeks ago so I could work more on my hand vibrato. It'll probably go back on next week. It's gone through a few changes since I first put it together. Was just a P90 esquire, no Bigsby, and a strat style string-through bridge. Then Esquire with Bigsby and strat bridge. Then I put the mini humbucker in the neck and changed the bridge to a Jazzmaster style bridge. After that, it got a Strat bridge pickup and a proper three saddle tele bridge. Then I cut part of the bridge off and put the p90 back in it. Who knows what'll happen next. I'd like to try an old Dearmond gold foil in the bridge if I can find one for a good price.

• Members
That Tele Deluxe was awesome, specs?

I bought it from a guy that bought it from a guy who built it.

It was painted twice, once blonde, then butterscotch. I stripped it to the original lacquer and left it. GFS humbuckers. Neck and body make uncertain. Unidentifiable serial numbers on the inside of the neck pocket, mostly faded. Definitely not Fender Warmoth or Allparts. Not really sure, but I ended up selling it for $225 bucks. Not bad considering I got it for $180.

I wish I knew more about it, but sadly don't. It played like a dream, but I needed Bandmaster cash. The pickups were great, but fairly unbalanced, which pisses me off. FWIW, I bought the Retrotrons that are currently in my SG with the intent to put them in that tele. Too bad, so sad.

:wave:

• Members

4566410239_f2e80dae6e_b.jpg

2005 mim tele. gfs ultralight three brass saddle bridge, fender 52 reissue pickups, legit cigg burn on headstock. treble bleed mod.

plays great. sounds even better. needs a setup, but its not too out of wack. notice the jeff tweedy strap. hes using the same one on his tele in "i am trying to break your heart" during "I Got You". lol.

amp_surgeon bought this for me on my 19th birthday. never letting her go. she has seen every state in the US, countless stages, tons of studio time, and plenty of girlfriends come and gone. love.

Archived