Your teles or tele equivalents. Show me them.

amarr1

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bare Knuckle Yard Birds. Not sure what the deal is with the finish but I got it for a real steal. I may replace the body or something at some point, we'll see how it looks in person. It is finished (lacquered) though.

• Members

Hmmm you'd need to post more pics but looking at it,the body looks so matt that my guess what some type of a danish oil finish?

the spot looks to me like somebody sanded across the grain but it's hard to tell for sure from one picture

anyway i'd nitromors it back to bare wood,give it a wet sand down by hand using a sanding block

then do an oil finish on it,looks good,it's easy to do yourself and cheap!

• Members

Hmmm you'd need to post more pics but looking at it,the body looks so matt that my guess what some type of a danish oil finish?

the spot looks to me like somebody sanded across the grain but it's hard to tell for sure from one picture

anyway i'd nitromors it back to bare wood,give it a wet sand down by hand using a sanding block

then do an oil finish on it,looks good,it's easy to do yourself and cheap!

Sweet, I'll bare it in mind. I may buy a Fiesta red body for it and use the body for a baritone Tele (that I want to build next). What's the deal with your build?

Tom, there is a patch on it where the finish isn't quite right, according to the seller.

Archived