Sorry, I'm just REALLY excited...

BTBAM

• Members

One of my favorite bands, The Middle East, are on their first US tour from their homeland of Australia. I was super excited seeing they were coming to Columbus, and our band was going to make the trip up to see them. I was talking to a friend about it, she asked the date, and as I checked when it was, I noticed they recently added a date in Newport, right across the river from Cincinnati. I checked the Southgate House's website to see who all was playing and saw no bands. I contacted the GM to see if he wanted a local on the bill, mentioning Still Pioneers would love to, as we love them. He messaged me back today, giving the all clear from their manager about it. So there it is, next Monday I will be playing a show with one of my favorite groups.

Also, we may be on with This Will Destroy You in June...keep fingers crossed about that one.

• Members

just don't tell SAL or he will yell at me
:cry:

Don't be retarded. Sure it is well documented my thoughts on TWDY, but come on!!! Congradulations on getting good shows with bands you like. It is hard to do and when it happens it's a good {censored}ing thing. {censored} I remember the Awesome feeling I had when my band opened for Bardo Pond and Mono.

It's awesome you are making headway and I wish you luck.

• Members

Don't be retarded. Sure it is well documented my thoughts on TWDY, but come on!!! Congradulations on getting good shows with bands you like. It is hard to do and when it happens it's a good {censored}ing thing. {censored} I remember the Awesome feeling I had when my band opened for Bardo Pond and Mono.

It's awesome you are making headway and I wish you luck.

I love you John, I do. Thanks for the words. We are working with a singer right now also...we'll see what happens.

• Members

Congrats.

On the other hand, headliners have a tendency of treating the opening act like crap. Hope your heroes don't turn out to be dicks.

It'll be pretty intimate. It's only them and us, and it's in the more private room of the 4 floor venue. I only hope for great things :love:

• Members

i like me some Middle East. i only have their EP, do they have anything else out?

They have 2 eps.

they had an old 4 song ep, then they actually put out what I thought was a self titled full length, then took it back and I think came out with an EP with fewer of those songs. I have the early ep (4 songs) and the full (8 songs)

• Members

I have their 5 song EP. Just got it the other day after I scrounged some spare change up to buy it. I've loved them for a while now. I wanted to see them when they come through Philly, but I'm playing a gig out of town that weekend...:arg:

...of all the days. And I usually don't go to alot of shows because whoever I'm interested in seeing is like $30+ a ticket. The Middle East show is only $15...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived