Coworker died. Mojo needed.

Jisatsu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hate to hear that, man. We just lost an officer here in Indy this week. One of those situations that's just absolutely terrible.

He is the son of a long time officer (that's been retired for a while) so while losing an officer is always a bad deal, most of the older officers LITERALLY watched him grow up.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110130/LOCAL18/101300348/Slain-officer-honored-grand-military-tradition?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110126/NEWS/110126005/IMPD-officer-Moore-dies-injuries-suffered-shooting

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that dude, mojo sent.

It doesn't look like the story has hit any of the news sites in Washington yet. What happens at the prison when something like this happens? Is everyone locked down?

Yeah, they need to lock down so that someone can go beat the {censored} out of whoever did this...literally beat them to death.

Hate to hear this, OP.

• Members

That's tragic, really sorry to hear about that man.

I can't believe she was allowed to work alone in a situation like that, it's totally below hand. Hope you're feeling ok man. Oh, and any 'badge haters' have issues in my mind, you guys do a really brave, patient, and tough job that is essential to society. I work in mental health, so I've worked with plenty of guys who do unbelievable work and don't give themselves enough credit for it because to them it's just the day to day norm.

• Members

Sorry dude seriously! I understand kinda though this month has been terrible my grandfather killed himself, my father IS going to court for manslaughter (or some similar charge, the story keeps changing) and my step mother overdosed... One hell of a month for me as well...

2x Mojo Send Combo.

• Members

I used to wear a badge so I DO understand. Much mojo sent. But it definitely seems like something is WRONG if you have a petite female basically surrounded by sixty convicts! In the past I have always kind of shaken my head when I saw a petite female officer acting all tough. What does she expect to do against a dude who's like six foot ten and 300 pounds? I'm all for equal opportunity but we need to be realistic when it comes to putting people in danger. All to often nothing ever gets done until someone loses their life.

• Members

Sorry dude seriously! I understand kinda though this month has been terrible my grandfather killed himself, my father IS going to court for manslaughter (or some similar charge, the story keeps changing) and my step mother overdosed... One hell of a month for me as well...

Mojo sent to you, bro. Sounds like you need it, as well.

• Members

That's rough man. Thanks for sharing. Mojo your way as well.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

• Members

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41340032/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

That really sucks, sorry to hear for your loss, and for her family. Just no reason this should have happened. I think all violent offenders should be basically isolated. Give them some nice amenities maybe, but absolutely no freedom, they are just wired differently from everyone else.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hello, sorry so late, was send this link by another harmony central member. I'm a drummer and stay in the drum forum. I work at a prison in Florida. VERY sorry to hear. Wish more people knew that this kind of crap happens more than people think.

When the bad guys are locked up and the key is thrown away, they are still allowed rights under the constitution, inmates filing grieviences, attorneys and civil liberty groups fighting the courts. So they still have to be fed, get free glasses, blood pressure medicine, insulin for the diabetics, heat in the winter, mail, mental health help, GED prep, Chapel and religious services and on and on. Prison staff are the people that enable this as well as are in charge of making sure these inmates are present and accounted for and to protect the public to ensure these inmates stay behind the fence.

A lot of good people don't make it home at times all because some thug or con is stressed out from being locked up too long or feels misunderstood. Is is about money, just remember when you ask for less government spending and jobs, they do cut prison staff and other law enforcement. Just like any other job, they tend to cut the lower guy and try to do more work with less people.

I'm conservative so I too believe in reducing gov't waste, BUT cutting people that are truly needed is not the way. Take tonight for instance, It was me and a new certified guy who was actually pretty smart. My sgt. was stuck in the captain's office all night doing paper work. My dorm was close to like a barracks style dorm with two wings, one side had 90 inmates/ the other side had 88 inmates for a total of 178 inmates, How Much would they have to pay YOU to get these guys to evening chow and back with canteen (where they can buy candy bars and tobacco), and also count them, make security rounds and get them all in their beds or the dayroom (tv room) by the end of the night???

• Members

I'm conservative so I too believe in reducing gov't waste, BUT cutting people that are truly needed is not the way.

Every government department facing cuts feels this way. But the prison system I personally feel was totally screwed in the united states as soon as somebody decided it was ok to run a prison for profit.

Archived