How do you feel about companies getting political in public?

Ryan.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do know that Robopimp, Jules and ole Fart Murphy won't be buying Catalinbread. But I think I knew that before this thread.

actually I did like the monty, but after gigging with it I decided it just didn't do anything that my cheaper delay pedals do just as well. I tried to justify it to myself but in the end I couldn't

It is a very nice sounding delay FWIW.

• Members

as noble as you think you sound here you have no way of knowing who you are alienating or who would have bought your stuff.

Also you not caring about your opinion or the bucks you might lose because of it not only hurts you, it hurts everyone who works for you, it hurts america. You can't generate more jobs by not caring. You can't provide the best wages possible to your employees by not caring. Is that your principle?

If you really cared about our country and the way it is heading, you'd try to make as many bucks as possible, grow your company as large as possible and throw as many of those bucks as you could to the politicians you feel will make the most good. Thats how america works, money does matter. Reposting goofy political bickering videos doesn't really do much to change things I'm afraid.

Yeah, giving money to politicians makes a HUGE difference when it's less than the tens of thousands.

Of course, I'm sure that if The Great Waldo Pepper hadn't posted a video of a politician making a somewhat eloquent and original "speech"(also irrelevant and ineffectual in my opinion) that those tens of thousands of dollars would have rolled right in for him to give to a politician who would "make the most good". Like the tens of thousands of dollars that roll into the coffers for all of the boutique pedal makers who are publicly apolitical, right?

{censored}, Catalinbread.... Get it together!

• Members

There are companies I won't buy from because of political ties involving donations of money or other reasons (environmental issues, animal testing, etc.). Otherwise, I don't really care too much.

That said, there are a few builders I will never buy from for various reasons. It always amuses me when someone spends years being a perpetual troll and then decides to sell {censored}ty pedals.

please tell me who you are talking about.

• Members

Really? That's important? Everything written on there could also be arguably about the Democrats. We heard from Obama that it was all going to be about Jobs Jobs Jobs, instead we have extremely partisan attacks on republicans. WITH NOTHING BEING DONE. They have the White House, the Senate and nearly one half of the House. They don't need to pass anything they don't want to, and thus far Obama hasn't done anything but push anti-private industry policies.

WEAK propaganda. Instead of getting behind issues in a way that could actually make a difference, you're pissing around and holding up corrupt politicians as heroes. How about RAINN? How about the Wounded Warrior Project? ANYTHING that might actually make a REAL difference besides supporting politicians who's only apparent motivating factor is the wish to gain more power. This money they want to tax out of the people that actually work hard to make it - it doesn't go to the poor. That's a {censored}ing con. It goes to their friends, it goes to make gov't bigger, it goes to them hiring more political hacks to keep them in power.

You just make yourself look like a useful idiot.

You certainly have a utopian view of the way politics should work. In fact you might be right, but it seems you think it's actually worked that way in the past. Theater has long been part of our democracy even going back to the 1700's.

As far as where the tax dollars go, sure there are things that many would call waste. why are we buying military equipment we don't need, or giving tax breaks to huge profitable corporations, but if you look at the actual budget your claims about where the money goes are at least hyperbole, if not blatantly false.

Nearly half of all federal spending basically goes to medicare/medicade and social security.

• Members

Utopian view? Me?

Example of how the gov't spends money:

I want a screwdriver. What do I do? I go down to the Lowes down the street and buy one. $2.99

How gov't does it: Someone has to fill out a requisition order, the order goes somewhere else to someone who can order it. They then have to verify if the screwdriver is the correct one (according to precise specifications) from the approved list of manufacturers. The order goes through to the distributor, and they send it out. Their cost to the gov't $139 EACH. How much does it cost to go though the entire process? I don't even want to know.

When you want gov't to do things for you, that is what you get - with everything.

Archived