How do you feel about companies getting political in public?

Ryan.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? That's important? Everything written on there could also be arguably about the Democrats. We heard from Obama that it was all going to be about Jobs Jobs Jobs, instead we have extremely partisan attacks on republicans. WITH NOTHING BEING DONE. They have the White House, the Senate and nearly one half of the House. They don't need to pass anything they don't want to, and thus far Obama hasn't done anything but push anti-private industry policies.

WEAK propaganda. Instead of getting behind issues in a way that could actually make a difference, you're pissing around and holding up corrupt politicians as heroes. How about RAINN? How about the Wounded Warrior Project? ANYTHING that might actually make a REAL difference besides supporting politicians who's only apparent motivating factor is the with to gain more power. This money they want to tax out of the people that actually work hard to make it - it doesn't go to the poor. That's a {censored}ing con. It goes to their friends, it goes to make gov't bigger, it goes to them hiring more political hacks to keep them in power.

You just make yourself look like a useful idiot.

Funny, I think that about most of the things you say! :)

The video is true though and not limited to the congress. All the Paul Ryans and Scott Walkers and Rick Scotts have done so far is attack planned parenthood, attacked labor unions, continued the conflation of SSI & medicare with the general fund, handed out tax breaks to their campaign financiers, required state employees to take random pee tests at the clinics owned by the governor's wife, amongst other things that won't create the jobs they campaigned on.

• Members
really? That video you posted was more important than selling pedals to musicians who might share every love in the world with you except videos featuring pointless political bickering even if its displayed in a neat tear sheet method.

You'd rather alienate fellow musicians over something like that?
Did you actually buy into that pathetic display ... wow

the GOP blah blah THEY TOOK R JERBS blah blah blah GOP blah blah blah JEEERBS

you sure take your free dumb of speech srsly

yeah everyone wants jobs for themselves and their loved ones.
That guy ain't helping, you posting that video ain't helping
, you really want to help, post less videos, sell more pedals, hire more people, give them better benefits.
:)

bladows

• Members

When the company pushes their stance/views, it really turns me off. Doesn't matter which side, both get annoying.

The sound logic is that this is a bad idea. The denial is you guys thinking 'oh money doesn't matter, we're not in it for that', and the butthurt is the Catalinbread collective's general response to a thread that simply asked how people felt about it.

Way to go, guys...well done.

• Members

No but seriously!

How does requiring state employees submit to random pee tests at a chain of clinics owned by the Governor's wife create jobs? It does showcase glaring corruption don't you suppose?

How does attacking labor unions and organizations that comprised of mostly women for women create jobs? It does showcase the fact that these guys are cowards, they'd never pick a direct fight with the Teamsters or other more male dominated labor union.

• Members

Back to the ignore list you go. I don't enjoy wasting my time on some political tool that has the reading comprehension of a demented yak.

Ah what a pity Jules! You've resorted to name calling and the ad hominem! Guess you lose this time!

Or is it me that has lost? After all, I haven't even heard your answer on how requiring state employees to submit to random piss tests AT clinics owned by the Governor's wife is creating jobs!? I mean it is increasing the guy's household networth. It is a blatant attack on working peoples. I don't see how it is creating jobs.

• Members

And it hasn't had any negative effects on business since 2003. Got any theories on that?

The point everyone is trying to make is that it's not possible for you to calculate the negative effects. Of course you would know if anyone was calling you out about your politics online, but you will never know if you lost a sale because someone read about your politics and just decided to buy from Skreddy instead. Truth is, I agree with your political viewpoint but this thread has left me with a bad feeling about your brand. You seem very concerned about expressing your freedom of speech but react badly when others honestly express theirs, even when they're trying to be helpful to you.

Edit: BTW, I wonder why the GuitarFetish guy rarely posts on HC anymore. I don't know, just speculating.

• Members

You may not believe this, cause I've said it before...
I don't care if my opinions alienates people
! At least I am not bashing working people, apologizing for people who have their boots on the necks of others, attacking women and homosexuals, burning crosses, or other bigotry.

I recognize that there are 3-4 people in this thread who I have alienated. I also realize that these are 3-4 people who wouldn't buy my pedals in the first place. There are more whom respect a person who will stand up for their principles. There are many more who don't care one way or the other.

That is fine, I get that. But it is not a wise business decision...is my point. You can do it however you want, whatever. I really don't care either way. Best of luck.

Best of luck doing your part to 'change the world' or whatever getting behind silly games Congress plays with itself.

• Members

The point everyone is trying to make is that it's not possible for you to calculate the negative effects. Of course you would know if anyone was calling you out about your politics online, but you will never know if you lost a sale because someone read about your politics and just decided to buy from Skreddy instead. Truth is, I agree with your politics but this thread has left me with a bad feeling about your brand. You seem very concerned about expressing your freedom of speech but react badly when others honestly express theirs.

Last time I checked Catalinbread and Skreddy don't make similar products... Last time I checked Skreddy has made plenty of political commentaries and posts. All pretty much in the same tone as mine.

• Members

That is fine, I get that. But it is not a wise business decision...is my point. You can do it however you want, whatever. I really don't care either way. Best of luck.

Best of luck doing your part to 'change the world' or whatever getting behind silly games Congress plays with itself.

I actually don't really care what congress does. I did find this a good bit of theater, I think this sort of thing is 2 years late.

I do however see the attacks on working people, women, gays, and minorities as very repulsive. If I alienate people who support such agendas, I really don't care.

• Members

You may not believe this, cause I've said it before... I don't care if my opinions alienates people! At least I am not bashing working people, apologizing for people who have their boots on the necks of others, attacking women and homosexuals, burning crosses, or other bigotry.

I recognize that there are 3-4 people in this thread who I have alienated. I also realize that these are 3-4 people who wouldn't buy my pedals in the first place. There are more whom respect a person who will stand up for their principles. There are many more who don't care one way or the other.

as noble as you think you sound here you have no way of knowing who you are alienating or who would have bought your stuff.

Also you not caring about your opinion or the bucks you might lose because of it not only hurts you, it hurts everyone who works for you, it hurts america. You can't generate more jobs by not caring. You can't provide the best wages possible to your employees by not caring. Is that your principle?

If you really cared about our country and the way it is heading, you'd try to make as many bucks as possible, grow your company as large as possible and throw as many of those bucks as you could to the politicians you feel will make the most good. Thats how america works, money does matter. Reposting goofy political bickering videos doesn't really do much to change things I'm afraid.

• Members

There are companies I won't buy from because of political ties involving donations of money or other reasons (environmental issues, animal testing, etc.). Otherwise, I don't really care too much.

That said, there are a few builders I will never buy from for various reasons. It always amuses me when someone spends years being a perpetual troll and then decides to sell {censored}ty pedals.

• Members

If you really cared about our country and the way it is heading,
you'd try to make as many bucks as possible, grow your company as large as possible and throw as many of those bucks as you could to the politicians you feel will make the most good
. Thats how america works, money does matter. Reposting goofy political bickering videos doesn't really do much to change things I'm afraid.

This is the only reason why I would want to be rich.

• Members

as noble as you think you sound here you have no way of knowing who you are alienating or who would have bought your stuff.

Also you not caring about your opinion or the bucks you might lose because of it not only hurts you, it hurts everyone who works for you, it hurts america. You can't generate more jobs by not caring. You can't provide the best wages possible to your employees by not caring. Is that your principle?

If you really cared about our country and the way it is heading, you'd try to make as many bucks as possible, grow your company as large as possible and throw as many of those bucks as you could to the politicians you feel will make the most good. Thats how america works, money does matter. Reposting goofy political bickering videos doesn't really do much to change things I'm afraid.

I do know that Robopimp, Jules and ole Fart Murphy won't be buying Catalinbread. But I think I knew that before this thread.

Archived