How do you feel about companies getting political in public?

Ryan.

• Members

And you can back this guarantee this how exactly? With your vast personal experience of running a business?

You may now suck it. It's clear that you're more interested in trolling us personally than having an open discussion. I guess I should have expected this, but was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Shows me for trusting a guy named 'Fart'.

lolz

I tried to have an open discussion. Go back and read the thread...read it carefully. Even your boss frowned upon the whole "what do you do" and your clever "well that explains it" silliness. And look at you now...resorting to a lame-ass hack at a screen name on a forum. Class act.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Common sense.

I tried to have an open discussion. Go back and read the thread...read it carefully. Even your boss frowned upon the whole "what do you do" and your clever "well that explains it" silliness. And look at you now...resorting to a lame-ass hack at a screen name on a forum. Class act.

I know what Erksin was getting at though... I still don't know what your dog in this race is. You say you support us, but say you aren't, I am confused. Are you gonna use your money for beer in college or a Catalinbread pedal? Eitherway is fine by me. :)

• Members

I know what Erksin was getting at though... I still don't know what your dog in this race is. You say you support us, but say you aren't, I am confused. Are you gonna use your money for beer in college or a Catalinbread pedal? Eitherway is fine by me.
:)

My dog in this race is simple. Read post #2.

• Members

I know what Erksin was getting at though... I still don't know what your dog in this race is. You say you support us, but say you aren't, I am confused. Are you gonna use your money for beer in college or a Catalinbread pedal? Eitherway is fine by me.
:)

I think maybe you're caught up in the political aspect of this thread...which was not what the thread was about.

• Members

Utopian view? Me?

Example of how the gov't spends money:

I want a screwdriver. What do I do? I go down to the Lowes down the street and buy one. $2.99

How gov't does it: Someone has to fill out a requisition order, the order goes somewhere else to someone who can order it. They then have to verify if the screwdriver is the correct one (according to precise specifications) from the approved list of manufacturers. The order goes through to the distributor, and they send it out. Their cost to the gov't $139 EACH. How much does it cost to go though the entire process? I don't even want to know.

When you want gov't to do things for you, that is what you get - with everything.

I said view of how it should work.

Anyway, you have any evidence of $139 screw drivers.

By the way, when I worked for the post office they had accounts with many local vendors. They bought their office supplies through office depot.

I also used to work in the electrical industry, and for SOME things they do spend a lot of money and have a lot of red tape. This is primarily for the military. Most manufactures of electrical equipment make to "military specification." Often this ends up being the same gear sold to the public, but with extra testing or modifications. Some of this is silly, but a lot of the time that stuff is going in to nuclear submarines or radar towers. Stuff where you really don't want failure, or off the shelf equipment just won't cut it.

And listen, I'm not arguing that government is perfect, or can't be made better, or that every existing program is absolutely necessary. I'm just letting you know that the hyperbole only makes your arguments look weaker, not stronger.

• Members

How or why has Phil not shut down or moved this political thread? That is the question. I've already made it clear that I think that expressing political views is detrimental to a business. Catalinbread has expressed how they don't give a {censored}, and begin resorting to adolescent attacks after I tried to have a reasonable dialogue.

• Members

2. Nic, you do realize that billionaire sycophants isn't the exclusive property of the GOP, right? The Democrats have done plenty during our lifetimes to prop up a system that continues to increase the coffers of the wealthiest Americans while keeping the poor and the middle class stagnant.

I think he's referring to working class people who look up to, idolize, or generally are infatuated with the Rich. The kind of people who take time out of their day to catch up on people who are famous for nothing more than being wealthy. The theory is that many of these people feel something akin to sympathy for these ultra rich people when they start talking about regulations or raising taxes.

• Members
How or why has Phil not shut down or moved this political thread? That is the question. I've already made it clear that I think that expressing political views is detrimental to a business. Catalinbread has expressed how they don't give a {censored}, and begin resorting to adolescent attacks after I tried to have a reasonable dialogue.

You 'think'. My actual real world experience says otherwise.

I'm done here. Continue your 'reasonable dialogue' without me. :wave:

• Members

I never said I don't give a {censored}! I do give a {censored}. I also know who buys our pedals and who doesn't. I can with 99% certainty say that there are no billionaires buying our pedals. Working musicians and creative types do, I appreciate their support and respect every penny they have to earn to buy what we create. Thats perfect by me and I strive to deliver. Alienating billionaires and their apologists doesn't matter to me at all when it comes to speaking my mind about what I think is right. Reframe that all you want to. It is clear that you refuse to understand that. It is also becoming more clear to me that you are arguing for the sake of arguing. That is just silly.

• Members

Yeah. Your Andy in Mayberry story was touching, and extremely relevant when regarding posting about politics on Facebook and the effects that it may have on a business.

Stick to drilling holes.

See what I mean? You keep at it when I ask for civility, including Erksin. Debating the issues is fine by me. Resorting to name calling and dickswords gets us noplace fast!

• Members

One more time. Read the questions asked in the OP. That is what this thread is about. Whether you are certain that no billionaires are buying your pedals, or billionaires this, billionaires that. Holy {censored}, you haven't even read the original point of this thread, have you?

Archived