NGD (how should I mod it?)

rileykill

Yeah, the large pickguard doesn't use rings - just the small one. I guess you could try to mod it to use a pair, but it would look out of place IMHO.

A Bigsby / Vibramate pair would be nice, as would a Maestro - actually the Maestro looks cooler, the Bigsby works better. You pay your money and make your choices...

Pickups are a personal choice, and I don;t really have any good recommendations for you. I'm not digging the look of those knobs though. Outside of that, short of painting it Pelham Blue, I'd say it's a very cool looking guitar and doesn't really "need" much done to it.

HNGD! :cool::wave:

• Members

Funny how tastes are different...I love the knobs!

As far as pickups, I have a Gibson "the Paul" reissue that is basically an SG masquerading as a Les Paul. It's a carved body, solid mahogany.

I put Seth Lovers in it and it sounds AMAZING. Check them out. I recommend them to everyone who has an SG.

• Members

I modded the hell out of my SG, but I've gotta say, that looks really nice just as is.

I fit an Iommi into a mate's SG - I was really impressed. One of the most diverse and solid sounding pickups I've messed around with. Takes dirt like nothing I've played, but did really well clean as well - splits really nicely too. I know he's a rock name, but I've recommend it for any tone other than vintage.

• Members

when I saw the knobs I was like ... WTF? They looked out of place. But I'm gonna reserve judgement at least until I decide on pickups. They might look better to me if the pickups have covers. If I do the Bigsby def gonna go w/ the vibramate and graphite nut/saddles.

• Members

Forget the Bigsby, waste of time. 99% of people put these on for looks and then realise that they're actually a pain in the ass. Just upgrade the pickups if necessary. Change those knobs for black speed knobs, they clash with the rest of the guitar.

Archived