NGD (how should I mod it?)

rileykill

• Members

is it really that bad? I want a vibrato bar to use it not for looks. if it's a horrible pain in the ass .... why? is it user error? is it because people can't hear an in tune note to set the bar back in the right place? I have to admit I don't understand.

• Members

Nah, you'd be shutting off a lot of great tones if you remove the neck pickup.

The Vibramate is a cool invention.

you also shut off a lot of cool tones when the thing doesn't play in tune and then the neck snaps off cause there's not enough wood supporting it, but whatever.

• Members

holy {censored}! did this happen to you?

Well, the neck didn't snap off on mine (tuning problems, yes constantly) but a friend of mine had a nice SG that he also couldn't play in tune because it wasn't very stable. So he sold it to this guy in a metal band who decided to put slightly heavier strings on it (nothing crazy, like, 12s or something). So he goes to the show and the guitar just folds in half at the neck joint in the middle of the show.

I was at another show where an SG also just plain split in half spontaneously in the middle of a song. Never seen it happen to ANY other instrument.

• Members

I snapped the headstock off of my SG when I was a younger. In a fit of rage (because of tuning instability) and after a few beers I threw it on the ground and snap. I did the same to my 79 Strat and it was still in tune after I picked it up. I have mellowed since then (and I pretty much play Strats/ Teles now).

Archived