EHX @ NAMM - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

dZjupp

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me, too. None of my friends have even heard of Prefab Sprout except for one of them. And she hates them, along with Lloyd Cole.

Ha, lloyd colevis in my collection as well.

Now what the hell is ehx gonna come out with. I was really hoping for something new and bizarre.

• Members
I'm imaging the EHX guys at the booth holding the fort wondering where Matthews is, and on the last day he shows up in his stained up wife beater, smoking a cigar holding a beat up briefcase with all of the new pedals in it.

:love: i hope to god this happens

on the serious though, any chance theyre just milking the anticipation because the new line is THAT {censored}ing cool?

• Members
so is that a good thing? more "authentic" sound?

I snagged one of the last DMMTTs Sweetwater had before xmas. Looks like it was a good move. I'll be curious to hear the reviews of the TT550. In the pic below, I A/B'd my TT w/ a 90s Big Box DMM. My DMMTT sounds really cool and the features are great. BUT, it really didn't get the warm, deep, lush modulated sound of the Big Box. I could stretch the truth since I paid so much and say that it's close, but I'm not going to do that. My DMMTT is cool and I'm glad I got it, but it really doesn't get close enough to the Big Box's lushness. So I'm really curious about how the TT550 will sound. My thoughts are the older Big Boxes aren't being properly replicated and people may be better off looking at other brands to get the sounds they want b/c the newer ones are pretty removed from the older ones. So that's why I'm on the hunt for a Big Box - just such a great sound!! Of course, I love my Skrecho and El Cap too :thu:

b6c377f9-1.jpg

• Members

Welcome to the future fiends... The year is 2029 and EHX is revolutionizing how FX are used. At the 2029 NAMM, they will unveil the world's first bluetooth or a similar faxsimile of the superceding technology in ear fx module, named by Mike Matthews as the Russian Ear Muffs. You wake up and realize it isn't the future, but you just had too much tequlia the night before and the worm you ate.

• Members

I snagged one of the last DMMTTs Sweetwater had before xmas. Looks like it was a good move. I'll be curious to hear the reviews of the TT550. In the pic below, I A/B'd my TT w/ a 90s Big Box DMM. My DMMTT sounds really cool and the features are great. BUT, it really didn't get the warm, deep, lush modulated sound of the Big Box. I could stretch the truth since I paid so much and say that it's close, but I'm not going to do that. My DMMTT is cool and I'm glad I got it, but it really doesn't get close enough to the Big Box's lushness. So I'm really curious about how the TT550 will sound. My thoughts are the older Big Boxes aren't being properly replicated and people may be better off looking at other brands to get the sounds they want b/c the newer ones are pretty removed from the older ones. So that's why I'm on the hunt for a Big Box - just such a great sound!! Of course, I love my Skrecho and El Cap too
:thu:

b6c377f9-1.jpg

holy delay fiend :love:

thanks for the heads up on the DMMTT

Archived