EHX @ NAMM - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

dZjupp

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like a synth.
:)

How about a polyphonic guitar synth with multiple tunable oscillators / noise sources, a 18dB/Oct. resonant filter and ADSR that works with your existing guitar's normal 1/4" output, has a maximum latency of less than 3ms, tracks mutes, hammer-ons / pull-offs, bends and slides and all the other "guitaristic" techniques perfectly... and comes in at $400.

Oh yeah... and except for the digital control functions and USB port to do MIDI & system updates, the signal path is "all analogz - for teh toanz."

Hope springs eternal.
;)

I have no idea what Mike and EHx have in store for us at NAMM, but we'll know soon enough. I suspect their site will go back up right before NAMM launches; they're just getting the pages ready and getting ready for the big launch...
:snax:

I love synths. There are some really awesome features on synths that you never see on guitar pedals that I think could translate really well to guitar. I love tuning pedals to certain notes. It'd be awesome if a filter could shift to each note you play & keep the same cutoff frequency relative to the note. If it could be multi-band and work with chords it would be even more amazing. It's one of my favorite things on my synth (sequential circuits six trak) that I think would work really well on guitar.

• Members

Sounds like a synth.
:)

How about a polyphonic guitar synth with multiple tunable oscillators / noise sources, a 18dB/Oct. resonant filter and ADSR that works with your existing guitar's normal 1/4" output, has a maximum latency of less than 3ms, tracks mutes, hammer-ons / pull-offs, bends and slides and all the other "guitaristic" techniques perfectly... and comes in at $400.

Oh yeah... and except for the digital control functions and USB port to do MIDI & system updates, the signal path is "all analogz - for teh toanz."

:love:

That would be wonderful.

Not that it'll happen, but I'd love to see EHX make a tape delay, or some sort of other electro-mechanical echo device (magnetic disk, carcinogenic oil, etc) with the usual amount of EHX craziness.

Archived