Earthquaker Devices/Ghost Echo

echodeluxe

• Members

first of all, their whole line is so cool.

ive played a few and they sound really great. ive been too poor to purchase one just yet, but im trying to decide which one first. i want the white light but i dont know if i need more dirt right now. which brings us tooooo....

the ghost echo! ive been wondering why i dont see more boards with them?

if you have one, show it off plz.

PIC FOR LULZ

21_ghost_echo_25.jpg

• Members

The Ghost Echo is really a nice pedal...I owned a standalone and also had one in a Ghost Disaster.

It was on a lot of boards about 2 years ago iirc. If you are expecting traditional verb sounds look elsewhere...no surf in that box. It does ambient and dwell stuff incredibly well though.

• Members

The Ghost Echo is really a nice pedal...I owned a standalone and also had one in a Ghost Disaster.

It was on a lot of boards about 2 years ago iirc. If you are expecting traditional verb sounds look elsewhere...no surf in that box.
It does ambient and dwell stuff incredibly well though.

sounds good! exactly what i want!

• Members

How long is the decay, is it hall type? Any predelay on it?

How does it compare Vs the dispatch master (reverb only)

With depth and dwell cranked its very cavernous, if you have the depth hi and dwell low its kinda hall like, the way i perceive it the depth is like the length of the room and dwell is the width. The attack can actually add a really cool slapback delay if dialed in right also, but there is no predelay that i'm aware of. The dispatch master reverb is cleaner, less ambient. More like built in amp reverb IMO but can get HUGE sounding as well. I kinda miss my DM but i love my ghost disaster's tone alot more.

• Members

It was on a lot of boards about 2 years ago iirc. If you are expecting traditional verb sounds look elsewhere...no surf in that box. It does ambient and dwell stuff incredibly well though.

I wish there was a little surf in that box. I have the GE and the DM, but i fear one of them may become expendable due to that new Spring Theory pedal or the never-coming Malekko reverb.

• Members

How long is the decay, is it hall type? Any predelay on it?

It's a Belton brick, so predelay is already present. Cranking the attack just adds more delay time to it.

Anyway, as nice as it is, I found mine hissed a little, even on lower depth settings, though I know alot of people don't have this problem with certain amps. There's a slightly annoying jump in volume and the reverb (for me) didn't seem that deep/very highly mixed.

• Members

Its nice, been on my main board for a year or so. It can be a very useable reverb at lower settings and if you crank it it will sort of oscillate and chirp back at you lazily. The only thing I would say against it is if you crank both the dwell and attack it can get a bit noisy but when you reach that kind of setting a bit of hummmmm is not an issue.

• Members

i want some EQD in my life, but sadly, because of this description which matches the TV50's verb to a T, ill have to go for a rainbow machine or something else thats awesome.

• 7 months later...

Archived