Think of the crappiest, douchiest, lamest, Nickelbackest, piece of crap guitar player

Ryan.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if bobby d ever gets his guitar back everyone will go: oh, are you trying to copy buddy guy? lame!

also, i didnt know anyone who used the same guitar i have, but a while back robin finck got his own signature model... i don't mind him/that, though

• Members

if you must express yourself visually with your gear, kill yourself. It's over. Seriously over.

really? i have found that musicians also gravitate towards other means of self expression...it is rare to be artist in only one medium.

the musicians i know are also all about individuality. that's why pedal companies, guitar companies etc. make a killing every year on limited run finishes.

i appreciate your attempt at a witty quip though.

Since I'm approaching the age of dirt, people would already say I used it first, and whatever d-bag decides to copy me, well, I can't very well control that, can I? ;):o

I'm interested in guitars. If it's a good guitar and I like the way it sounds and plays, that's more important to me than the looks, or the logo on the headstock or the name(s) of the musicians that use or endorse it. That's not to say that I don't care about looks - only that they matter less than playability and sound.

"Why should I change? He's the one who sucks." Michael Bolton in Office Space

• Members

Really? So when you head into the shop to buy a new guitar and the salesperson asks which color you'd like your answer is surprise me?

in all my years, never have I been asked this.

though I feel if they did all my customers would be more fashionable.

and no one will rock sunburst, no one.

• Members

Since I'm approaching the age of dirt, people would already say I used it first, and whatever d-bag decides to copy me, well, I can't very well control that, can I?
;):o

I'm interested in guitars. If it's a good guitar and I like the way it sounds and plays, that's more important to me than the looks, or the logo on the headstock or the name(s) of the musicians that use or endorse it. That's not to say that I don't care about looks - only that they matter less than playability and sound.

"Why should I change? He's the one who sucks."
Michael Bolton in
Office Space

agree.

I almost bought a Jonas brothers guitar, if that guitar had the feel and sound I wanted, I would have bought it with out thinking twice.

The color of a guitar is never a factor to me. Or who came out with it/ endorsed it. :idk: this like the collector v player thing kinda.

• Members

Well, I play an EBMM Luke as my #1; does that mean I get to avoid the issue, or am I already subject to it?

Johnny Hilland also started playing my model silhouette when he left PRS, but again, not the most douchebaggy, apprehensable player out there. He's a nice guy.

I guess, for the means of the poll, it depends on the guitar. Something nice? I'd just nut up and deal with it.

Something I wasn't too crazy about?

1. Post on eBay/Craigslist
2. ????????
3. Profit

• Members
Everyday when I get home from work and watch Fast and Furious I always laugh at that scene where that bearded bro hick is in the middle of the party with hot babes playing his Zakk Wylde Les Paul in quite possibly the most phallic manner possible. Not even Vin would do that, bro.

Wvvx8.jpg

Archived