Think of the crappiest, douchiest, lamest, Nickelbackest, piece of crap guitar player

Ryan.

• Members

and then imagine that he starts playing/endorsing the exact guitar that you play.

So now every gig you go to people say "Oh hey is that the guitar that ___________ plays?"

"Oh did you buy that guitar because ____________ just started marketing it?"

Do you sell the guitar, do tell everyone that you had it way before douchey mcdoucherson, or do you just not care?

PS: Who was your imaginary douche?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh! speaking of which- the sauce was really good. made wings last night, wife even thought they were good. thanks again, yo.

Sweet, glad to hear everyone is enjoying it! With wings it is the best, IMO. Way to talk the wife into being as weird as you. :thu:

• Members

luckily my main guitar is an Elvis Costello jazzmaster, so no matter what douche happens to also use it, it'll always be EC's first, no doucheness can rub off on it.

I can't really think of a non-sig model that carries the stigma of a specific player though, so I don't think it would matter. unless you just happen to do the exact same sticker layout as Chad Nickleback...

• Members

I had a sig model once. It played and sounded really well, 2 HBs, each with their own volume and tone, three way toggle, mahogany body and neck w/ a flame maple top, pretty pricy too, like 1500 for mine.

People would never say "nice guitar." They would alway say "nice..." and then his name (which I forget). I hadn't heard of him so I do a little youtube research and it's this goofy ass mother{censored}er from the 50's singing songs with his wife about sunshine and mockingbirds! The whole thing just looked like filler in between these weird sexist Listerine commercials. What a tool! I was devasted and decided to smash it at the end of a show. So I did.

• Members

you could always refin.

i have found the best way to avoid these things is to go with classic designs in classic colors. i.e...my tele is black, my sg is natural...tons of players use these color schemes so nobody "owns" them.

if you must express yourself visually with your gear, do it with amps.

• Members

if you must express yourself visually with your gear, kill yourself. It's over. Seriously over.

this is why i wear white shirts and a dark tie while i ride my bike with my helmet on. fashion is for suckas. amirite?

Archived