Kings of Leon has a very blue collar effects setup

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? I liked them then and still do. The songs are still there, they just have much better production and bigger crowds. Maybe I just dig his voice, kinda sad sounding but still rockin.

Yeah it's nothing to do with production or popularity, something just isn't there any more for me. They still have the hooks and all, but it's just hollow.

• Members

It's not really surprising. I don't know what their target demographic looks like in other countries, but over here it's pretty much just music for Gary Lagers. Gary Lagers don't care about tone.

Haha, what is a UK example of a "Gary Lager" band? Oasis?

• Members

The vast majority of bands don't make as much money as I do, so it doesn't surprise me they have {censored} taste in gear.

This, also I once saw saw this tinny, thin sounding young punk band a CB's. They weren't playing horrible gear, but it was sort of young band starting out stuff. I think the guitar player had an epiphone sg and hot rod deluxe and the bass player was playing a mexican P-Bass. Anyway Greenday were hanging out and asked if they could borrow their gear so they could play a show at CB's since they had never played there. Of course as soon as they started playing that gear that had just sounded so tinny immediately sounded full and huge, so maybe the guys who can really play will sound good with anyhing and the guys like me need all the help we can get.

• Members

if you can play your songs well with a decent guitar and a decent amp, your {censored} will sound good live.

i guarantee you a good band could play peavey classic 30s, mexican fenders, and boss pedals and pull of a great show.

THIS; all that stuff works fine, it's just not as 'cool' as one of only 247 made, w/ an orange octopus riding a sheep silkscreened on it... LOL

Tons of recordings from, like, the 80s, I guess, all had Boss effects on 'em, right? d'oh

The main reasoning behind having cheaper, easily obtained gear is that something, somewhere is going to go wrong at some point in one of those rigs and you may need to find a replacement in Butt{censored} Nowhere. Good luck finding a Klon in Hull.

This is a big factor that experienced touring pros usually at least give some consideration to.

Also, there's the issue of what kind of abuse stuff takes on the road. I'd be less than eager to take some of my nicer gear out on the road where it's more likely to get damaged - or get nicked.

• Members

I'm not sure when not hearing a band went from being a mark of shame to pride among music fans.

The natural reaction to the wonderful new paradigm where all music is just a click away. Isn't all that choice just wonderful? Thank god the old model has died.

Archived