Kings of Leon has a very blue collar effects setup

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we're missing the point here. If King of Leon would let the {censored}tard "Nacho" take care of their gear, it's safe to assume they don't give a {censored} about nice gear. Lots of big bands tour with nice {censored}, Kings of Leon is not the standard.

I totally forgot about that. I saw that video. That dude was an idiot.

• Members

What I'd like to know is exactly when the hell does Caleb even use ANY of those {censored}ing rack effects during songs. A POG? Really? I was a really big fan of theirs right up until Only by the Night, which I still bought, and never really heard anything coming from Caleb's riff that sounded anything other than a broken up amp and maybe a boost pedal.

• Members

What I'd like to know is exactly when the hell does Caleb even use ANY of those {censored}ing rack effects during songs. A POG? Really? I was a really big fan of theirs right up until Only by the Night, which I still bought, and never really heard anything coming from Caleb's riff that sounded anything other than a broken up amp and maybe a boost pedal.

This. HCFX is getting their panties in a bundle because a big band doesn't have massive booteek pedal boards, but their music doesn't really call for that {censored}. They play pretty simple rock n roll stuff with just dirty tube amps, not because they're "blue collar" or whatever, they just use what the music requires.

• Members

This. HCFX is getting their panties in a bundle because a big band doesn't have massive booteek pedal boards, but their music doesn't really call for that {censored}. They play pretty simple rock n roll stuff with just dirty tube amps, not because they're "blue collar" or whatever, they just use what the music requires.

I think caleb turns the POG on for the chorus of radioactive :idk:

they use delay quite a bit, octave stuff etc.

• Members

FWIW: I think buying boutique pedals and carrying them around yourself on a Pedal pro is way way way more blue collar than paying Nacho thousands of dollars to lug a rack of your cheap Boss and MXR pedals across the ends of the Earth and having it all tied together with some midi switching system more complex than the computer on the {censored}ing Apollo Capsule.

• Members

he's
that {censored}ing edgy

I think caleb turns the POG on for the chorus of radioactive
:idk:

they use delay quite a bit, octave stuff etc.

You're missing my point, I'm saying what they use works for their music. Yes they have some delay and a POG, but not 3 timefactors 3 pitch factors like some

• Members

I do, but I usually don't process it at all. I don't bother finding out who is playing the random drivel I hear on the radio.

Sure, I've probably heard pop band X or Y, but I wouldn't know it.

• Members

So you've never heard a pop song playing anywhere? Do you not go out?

i don't go that many places that play pop music. maybe i've heard them, i don't know. what i meant was that i don't know what they sound like. i didn't mean to make it sound like it's this big deal. i've never even heard their name other than being mentioned on here. i stay kind of out of the loop on pop culture most of the time. you'd probably be amazed what i haven't heard.

• Members

yeah i dont know if all the pubs we've heard about in england just blast kings of leon, that would really break down us-uk relations i think

around here we have bars like b side and slow that wouldnt be caught dead with kings of leon on their jukeboxes

• Members

FWIW: I think buying boutique pedals and carrying them around yourself on a Pedal pro is way way way more blue collar than paying Nacho thousands of dollars to lug a rack of your cheap Boss and MXR pedals across the ends of the Earth and having it all tied together with some midi switching system more complex than the computer on the {censored}ing Apollo Capsule.

Yeah, I do see the irony that.

• Members

they seemed kinda cool too, it was like the less i knew about them the cooler they appeared.

They were just a bunch of greasy lookin' dudes making solid rock and roll. I liked some of Only By The Night (okay just Closer) but that was definitely the end of them for me.

Archived