from one extreme to another

RoboPimp

• Members

lately I've been using a speaker simulator and going direct to the PA

well this past weekend I decided to take this thing out to the festival

showman1.jpg

man is it a PITA to move but so {censored}ing fun to play. I'm sorry, princetons and deluxe reverbs sound wonderful but this thing just puts them to shame. :lol:

maybe if I put wheels and lights on it I can make a small trailer out of it... :badump:

• Members

get a real amp and guitar if you have to play shows. I suggest a Krank Amps or Dr. Z Maz, and a Gibson Les Paul or SG depending on what type of music you play. Maybe consider meeting with your favorite music store clerk about putting a rack together to make touring easier.

• Members

indeed, that massive cabinet has so much low end, it's just bad ass. I had it up to about 4 1/2 and it was thunderous. The funny part is it's only a 2x12" cab, but I put high powered, super efficient EV 12L speakers in it and now it's a beast.

The cleans are really some of my favorite and it takes dirt pedals with no problem. The reverb is awesome but that's also the reason the head is so huge, the reverb pan is supposed to be mounted on the inside of the face of the head. I think it was supposed to help with microphonics or something...

• Members

I would love to rock that, but I sure would hat to carry it.

it can be pretty scary to carry up/down stairs by yourself :lol:

I found it fits perfectly in the back seat of my pimp wagon so I might just have to get stoopid with this thing at a few more fests this summer.

• Members

"messican guitars are poo"

ninja posts picture of ugliest squier known to man

while it might look ugly to you that $150 guitar has a better neck than any MIM I've played and the pickup combination is quite excellent.

• Members

while it might look ugly to you that $150 guitar has a better neck than any MIM I've played and the pickup combination is quite excellent.

My Mexicans will blow it out of the water on all counts.

indeed, that massive cabinet has so much low end, it's just bad ass. I had it up to about 4 1/2 and it was thunderous. The funny part is it's only a 2x12" cab, but I put high powered, super efficient EV 12L speakers in it and now it's a beast.

The cleans are really some of my favorite and it takes dirt pedals with no problem. The reverb is awesome but that's also the reason the head is so huge, the reverb pan is supposed to be mounted on the inside of the face of the head. I think it was supposed to help with microphonics or something...

I've got the factory option EV in my Princeton Reverb II. The high efficiency and power handling of that speaker would be perfect for the Showman - and make it incredibly loud!

Very nice rig Robo! :cool:

• Members

My Mexicans will blow it out of the water on all counts.

I'm sure if you look at individual guitars you could find a MIM that is nicer than a squier but I've compared them quite a bit and on the average never felt that any MIM blew anything other than a limp goat dick. Esp when you consider how much they are charging for em now. To be fair I also have this opinion about the MIA ones.

Leo Fender designed his guitars to be mass produced cheaply and still be high quality, durable instruments so IMO the squier to me fulfills his true goal better than any other country/price level. They play great, have perfectly fine fit and finish and you can throw one across a bar room or kick it across a parking lot and it will most likely still be ready to go next gig.

Archived