from one extreme to another

RoboPimp

• Members

Get a dolly. Or casters.

indeed, I have one and it works great for rolling on flat ground, although the one I have doesn't help a whole lot with stairs...

maybe I need one of those "appliance" dollys with the rollers on the back to help me bump up stairs heheheh

• Members

can you use this head for bass?

oops, missed that

hell yes you can, it sounds cray-zee good for bass. Esp fender basses of course. The real 2x15 showman cab might be better but I've used this exact rig at jam sessions for bass and it is glorious. The breakup/growl is awesome.

this clip is guitar but you can hear how the head will breakup nicely when cranked.

the mic doesn't really capture the tone well but you can hear it's got quite a bit of gain

• Members

I'm sure if you look at individual guitars you could find a MIM that is nicer than a squier but I've compared them quite a bit and on the average never felt that any MIM blew anything other than a limp goat dick. Esp when you consider how much they are charging for em now. To be fair I also have this opinion about the MIA ones.

Leo Fender designed his guitars to be mass produced cheaply and still be high quality, durable instruments so IMO the squier to me fulfills his true goal better than any other country/price level. They play great, have perfectly fine fit and finish and you can throw one across a bar room or kick it across a parking lot and it will most likely still be ready to go next gig.

My experience has been pretty much the opposite of this.

• Members

yeah its weird how I must get all the killer squiers and play all the {censored}ty MIMs and MIAs

but I have had countless people confirm that these guitars do indeed sound killer.

so thats prob why I can't go back to MIM and MIA and hear how much lamer they sound then want to spend hundreds and thousands more.

• Members

No I mean I have played like one squier guitar I liked the sound of and 0 that felt good to me. I know people like them. I just don't.

I also prefer MIM to MIA in a lot of cases. Not always, but often.

Archived