Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by renula

View Post

Is it SAL approved?

I know this is not a serious question and no one gives a {censored} about what I think but ill respond anyway.

I could care less about all the "ambient" sounds out there today. Most of them have no application in my songwriting and or I don't care for that sound enough to attempt incorporating it. I am a devout Spring Reverb fan but I do love a good Plate reverb... That was the only setting I used when I owned a Boss RV3. The PGS Plate demo does sound good. I have all the reverb I could ever need at the moment. I am not the guy who is just gonna abandon tried and true awesomeness because something new has hit the stores. My Malekko Spring Chicken isnt going anywhere anytime soon and my Space is still kicking around on my board but I have taken to pulling it out and putting in either my Aqua Puss or my Boss DM2.

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Guys, I can't believe none of you appreciate radiohead. This band is phenomenal. Why aren't you talking about them right at this moment.

HCFX time machine needed... Where did I park that thing?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Yes. It's a bit of a drawback if you're going to switch live. Although, I think every reverb I've played with multiple settings does something like that. The Flint has it's own thing where all the repeats you've had going just disappear when you switch presets.

The HOF/Trinity would cut off the repeats as well when you switched modes. If I do switch modes live it will be between songs, thanks for the feedback!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ProGuitarShop

View Post

All the verbs are indeed new. The new spring is even more accurate/realistic than the RV-7 (and the RV-7 is very good). I actually think the spring preset is the best preset on the pedal. Kind of ironic since we named it ambient verb. facepalm.gif

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

i have both, and i LOVE the spring on the rv-7. the most notable differences are the option to go 100% wet (a big seal the deal thing with me) and the new algorithm is apparently dead on with a spring reverb tank. i havent had the opportunity to a/b the two yet, but i dont think i need to. you can get a wide range of spring sounds from ampeg type spring to fender blackface to quirky in between stuff. the level, liveliness, and decay knobs really work in concert to shape the sound. home run touchdown.

the rv-7 is still a keeper for more subtl stuff as well as that {censored}ing reverse. so god damn good. im also very fond of the room preset, surprisingly.

Thanks for the info. This is not going to help my finances mad.gif

• Members

Just ordered one.Some questions,if you please.Does it work well in most effects loops?A couple of my amps have switchable +4 dB line/-10 dB instrument level loops,so which settings would work best with the Supernatural?Lastly,will a Boss PSA-120 power supply be safe for powering the pedal?

confused.gif

Ed

• Members

if its a 9v tip negative barrel type power supply, it will work.

as for effects loops, if it has a switch for line/instrument level, it will work. you jut gotta find the one you think sounds better. the line level mode will hit the pedal harder, and may not sound as good. you wont hurt the pedal, try out both modes to see if you like it.

in the fx loop of my classic 50 it sounds great. i dunno what level is coming out of there, so i cant tell you what works best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i'm wondering why this is "exclusively" "limited" to the PGS. or am i missing something. one of the things i like about off-the-shelf pedals is the supply/demand dynamic w/ re: to the used market in the long run. not questioning the Logic of Digitech per se, i am just wondering outloud...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iblamesummers

View Post

i'm wondering why this is "exclusively" "limited" to the PGS. or am i missing something. one of the things i like about off-the-shelf pedals is the supply/demand dynamic w/ re: to the used market in the long run. not questioning the Logic of Digitech per se, i am just wondering outloud...

Because PGS came up with the concept and approached Digitech about making it. No PGS, no pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HP Hovercraft

View Post

Because PGS came up with the concept and approached Digitech about making it. No PGS, no pedal.

oh thanks for the reply i did not see that in any of the previous threads, nor did i come across it after a perfunctory Google search.

so, say, hypothetically, PGS approached Digitech about reissuing the Space Station. does PGS have that much clout/influence to make that happen & have it be exclusively limited to PGS from a proprietary standpoint. or i guess i should ask what made Digitech actually say yes to the idea instead of paying some sort of lumps sum for the idea & making it more widely available.

Archived