Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iblamesummers

View Post

oh thanks for the reply i did not see that in any of the previous threads, nor did i come across it after a perfunctory Google search.

so, say, hypothetically, PGS approached Digitech about reissuing the Space Station. does PGS have that much clout/influence to make that happen & have it be exclusively limited to PGS from a proprietary standpoint. or i guess i should ask what made Digitech actually say yes to the idea instead of paying some sort of lumps sum for the idea & making it more widely available.

2uid5zo.gif

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

i'm wondering why this is "exclusively" "limited" to the PGS. or am i missing something. one of the things i like about off-the-shelf pedals is the supply/demand dynamic w/ re: to the used market in the long run. not questioning the Logic of Digitech per se, i am just wondering outloud...

logic is an apple product

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono

View Post

logic is an apple product

not questioning the Logic at Digitech per se. this pedal seems like it would have been cool 5 years ago so i am not really stressing about owning it right now but why put it out now & why limit the supply too whatever it is they are limiting it too. at 1st i thought it was a new pedal coming out & PGS just did the review 1st. then i find out that it is a PGS-exclusive & just assumed they were putting it out 1st but it would be widely available later. now i am finding out that neither are the case.

well. i guess it is my fault for being out-of-the-loop and not paying more attention to the guitar forums w/re: to new pedals.

• Members

View Post

oh thanks for the reply i did not see that in any of the previous threads, nor did i come across it after a perfunctory Google search.

so, say, hypothetically, PGS approached Digitech about reissuing the Space Station. does PGS have that much clout/influence to make that happen & have it be exclusively limited to PGS from a proprietary standpoint. or i guess i should ask what made Digitech actually say yes to the idea instead of paying some sort of lumps sum for the idea & making it more widely available.

$$$$$

duh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

$$$$$

duh

ah yes totally forgot Digitech is a subsidiary of a faceless corporation publicly-traded on the NYSE only concerned w/ their "botton-line" i was really only thinking about how this pedal would cut thru the band mix w/ phasers on the slow parts in my P&W ensemble.

SOUTHSIDEIRISH !!!

• Members

View Post

not questioning the Logic at Digitech per se. this pedal seems like it would have been cool 5 years ago so i am not really stressing about owning it right now but why put it out now & why limit the supply too whatever it is they are limiting it too. at 1st i thought it was a new pedal coming out & PGS just did the review 1st. then i find out that it is a PGS-exclusive & just assumed they were putting it out 1st but it would be widely available later. now i am finding out that neither are the case.

well. i guess it is my fault for being out-of-the-loop and not paying more attention to the guitar forums w/re: to new pedals.

it was a bad pun

• Members

View Post

I believe PGS paid in advance. They've done this quite a few times and, in a few cases, exclusive pedals have gone on to a wider market.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls

View Post

this vs supermoon, who wins?

I don't own either, but I'm gonna give you my opinion anyways:

I'd go for the Supermoon. The Digitech is kinda expensive, and (in my opinion) all the settings kind of accomplish the same thing minus the spring setting. The Supermoon seems like it'd be nice because it appears to do normal 'verb sounds, as well as the ethereal/creepy stuff with the sway knob that can be accomplished with the seven other settings of the Digitech. I'd only go for the Digitech if 100% wet, and spring were necessary.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache_Bash

View Post

I don't own either, but I'm gonna give you my opinion anyways:

I'd go for the Supermoon. The Digitech is kinda expensive, and (in my opinion) all the settings kind of accomplish the same thing minus the spring setting. The Supermoon seems like it'd be nice because it appears to do normal 'verb sounds, as well as the ethereal/creepy stuff with the sway knob that can be accomplished with the seven other settings of the Digitech. I'd only go for the Digitech if 100% wet, and spring were necessary.

Not to be a jerk, but this is like saying "I've never eaten this brand of chocolate, but I think it tastes creamier than this other chocolate that I also have never eaten." icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

Not to be a jerk, but this is like saying "I've never eaten this brand of chocolate, but I think it tastes creamier than this other chocolate that I also have never eaten." icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

I know that's why I underlined it, haha. Just my opinion from demos/clips. Just trying to help a dude justify a purchase in his mind. And, I'm biased. I want more people to support Jack Deville.

• Members

I finally got a chance to check this pedal out... in a live setting. Only got to mess around with it for a few hours during practice. My initial thoughts: seems like it was meant for swells it.. excells at that. The spring sounds good.. but not good. Would still much prefer a real spring reverb.

I don't know.. maybe this pedal was meant for bedroom rockers and not for a live setting because it doesn't seem as awesome as everyone is claiming it to be. Regardless.. some very cool and useful tones to be had.

Biggest complaint is the delayed engaging of the effect. When I click the footswitch.. it doesn't seem to come on right away.. maybe it doesn't turn on until I let go of the switch? Is this just a hardwire thing? Does anyone else have this problem? I used to have the chorus pedal from the hardwire line and I don't remember it doing that.

• Members

I read this last night...now I'm here to reply

I can see where you're coming from. The "Ambient Verb" name is appropriate because the pedal does always have that ethereal sound. I've noticed I can really dial that sound out of the spring setting even.

I'm not sure I get the bedroom rockers thing though. I thought it sounded just fine while jamming this weekend with friends. It didn't drown me out of the mix or anything....What do you mean?

The switch does feel different, yeah.

Archived