HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

Aristotle

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry about my post all - I meant to come off silly/self-depricating and ended up coming off snarky (get it?! Ha!...uh, sorry). In a weird mood today as an oil change turned into a $1,000 repair. ANYWAY - happy to be a part of this again and sorry about my idiot post above.

Exactly HOW BAD must one be at an oil change to do that?

• Members

OK, maybe a sorta complicated question? idn_smilie.gif Budget board says, "Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$". Is there any leeway here? What if I have several pedals that were under 100 new, 1 pedal that was close to 200 new and 1 pedal that was 115 new? SHould i just leave the 115 pedal off? I'll be honest and say I bought it new for 115 but at one time they were going for under 100 on the used market.

I remember years ago someone entered the budget category and a had a Crunch Box on their board. People were giving them grief because it was over 100 new. I'm not sure what they were going for new at the time but when I bought mine new they were $110. The subject of used prices came up and people were saying things like, "well, sometimes you get a great deal but it shouldn't count as a budget pedal".

So... i dunno... just want to get the whining and complaining out of the way before the actual competition starts. It seems the description says , "mainly cheap pedals under $100 max. one Pedal up to 200$". So would several pedals under 100 new, 1 pedal just shy of 200 new, and one pedal just over 100 new (115) be a problem?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Speed

View Post

OK, maybe a sorta complicated question? idn_smilie.gif Budget board says, "Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$". Is there any leeway here? What if I have several pedals that were under 100 new, 1 pedal that was close to 200 new and 1 pedal that was 115 new? SHould i just leave the 115 pedal off? I'll be honest and say I bought it new for 115 but at one time they were going for under 100 on the used market.

I remember years ago someone entered the budget category and a had a Crunch Box on their board. People were giving them grief because it was over 100 new. I'm not sure what they were going for new at the time but when I bought mine new they were $110. The subject of used prices came up and people were saying things like, "well, sometimes you get a great deal but it shouldn't count as a budget pedal".

So... i dunno... just want to get the whining and complaining out of the way before the actual competition starts. It seems the description says , "mainly cheap pedals under $100 max. one Pedal up to 200$". So would several pedals under 100 new, 1 pedal just shy of 200 new, and one pedal just over 100 new (115) be a problem?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I got all of mine used and the only one that was over a hundred was the Headrush. My Holy Grail is about 120.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

budget board means dano's, modtones, mooers, etc...

This would be my interpretation as well. To me a budget board with any pedal over $100 is not "budget" when a DS-1 is $50 brand new.

• Members

so this is basically a bragging rights show and tell, no one wins anything for winning a catagory, but all entrants are put in a random drawing for "door prizes"? I never paid attention to BOTB until last year when ren told me "just {censored}ing enter mang" even though I have been a hcfx'er for years. Wanting to actually know what I am doing this go around

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

so this is basically a bragging rights show and tell, no one wins anything for winning a catagory, but all entrants are put in a random drawing for "door prizes"? I never paid attention to BOTB until last year when ren told me "just {censored}ing enter mang" even though I have been a hcfx'er for years. Wanting to actually know what I am doing this go around

Yep, that's it.

• Members

View Post

Yep just some friendly {censored} talking and competition with random prizes.

• Members

View Post

so instead of just showing my board, i should fill it up to show some of my neat backup stuff.

Certainly wouldn't be the only board put together just for botb. I say go for it if you have some cool {censored} that you want to show off thumb.gif

And what exactly constitutes boutique? All of my pedals were made by small companies and some were quite expensive, but I never considered it a boutique board in the past - I always thought that category was for the BJFE, hw Mad Professor, DAM, Toneczar type of stuff. Someone asked if I was going for the boutique category in the pedalboard thread, and now I'm not so sure how I should enter. HCFX WAT DO?

Mah board:

IMG_1517.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vidret

View Post

PKTrono, nice. real nice. like, top choices everywhere. only thing i don't like is the space it takes up.

how's the particle delay? thinking about getting one later on.

thanks! yeah i have no problem with massive boards.

i love love love the particle. get one!!

Archived